Jesus

Christ
HSC
N/A
so, which pictures did u choose

i pick the rock climbing one

MilfordSound

same
and whats to stop people from using the picture as a minor part of the story, eg. using the plane as a man flying to america where he experiences a change

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Well, I chose the picture of the fire and talked about a child dancers skirt flicking and swirling like a wildfire. It was an adult looking back at a picture of them as a child dancer and regretting the way they had changed in to someone inhibited and uncreative... the wild fire in their heart had died...

lol I hope that makes sense. I wanted to do something a bit different so I used the picture in a different way.

MilfordSound

That sounds too good for me
mine was just about a man who didnt like rock climbing and then later he did with a bit of filling in the middle

apollo

the two people dressed up & holding champage glasses
i dont know if it was a wedding, but that was my interpretation.

i had like 5 preprepared characters/events ready
and i made up a whole new one in the exam. unhappy marriage :)

man

i choose da wedding one
i prepred two
one essay
and one story about changing role of gender and parenting, which fitted quite well with da wedding

Leap

free falling
HSC
I reckon that in the marker's comments this year they're going to complain about not many people using the mobile phone graphic as stimulus.

For the wedding picture I wrote about a married couple having a child with Angelman Syndrome (which is a neurological disorder). I work with kids with disibilities so I found it really easy to write about, and I'm hoping that its somewhat original.

Mike85

I used the plane...
It was a parallel (slightly postmodern) story which explored what would happen if a woman did or didn't change... in one part she was a socialite, whilst in the other she was poverty stricken, but I untimately showed how change was positive as:

Kathryn (person who didn't change) was experiencing the world...

Kate (person who did) was experiencing the world as it was, is and always will be...

:) Hence, the latter is a true picture of change. I'm glad it's over, because I was dreading that section of the exam.

man

i just made a comment that it was a wedding photo of my parents and the mobile camera was out of date...implying technology become obsolete fast
therefore change

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
nah the question said to choose one of the pictures, not the phone. But I spose the phone could be a picture. But I wouldn't have been brave enough to use the phone for fear that would be wrong.

I used the wedding one (as I said before, I didn't want to cos I thought everyone would, but I didn't have enough time to think of something good for the others), I concentrated on the concept of a smile, how a smile hides pain and how we use it to deny the affects of change

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i wrote abt a girl who hated boys...n the thought of getting married ...how she shen undergoes a change in attitude.....n ends up happily married!!!

Kiya

I used the plane but not til the end, it was about a girl who thought something missing from her life, so she met this guy on the net fell in love with him, and i used john mayer lyrics throughout as my motiff thingy, and in the end she flys to see him and keeps the picture of the plane to remind her of the day that changed her life forever

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
meee used the fire one... and wrote a story about a person (anonymous and unknown gender) with and her/his little sister who are separated from their family after a tribal war and life has changed significantly for them.. and obviously the fire identifies the mini-war.. does that sound crazy? :(

Last edited:

4130warrior

I went with the wedding photo, told a story about my best mate getting married and how his new missus was getting all clucky on him and he wouldn't go out doing crap with me anymore, then I got scared half-way through that I might get a Feminazi marker and finished along the lines of "Well, we might not be able to go sky-diving anymore but I suppose that's a good thing, it's very dangerous!"

Well, obviously better than that, but you know..

Jeo

A couple get married, and the wife is a russian spy. She gets killed, and the guy and the kids have to accept the change and blah blah blah.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)