QTAC January offers... here they come (1 Viewer)

N1C0L3

HSC
Well...1 hour to go before offers are released...
i am shitttttting myself. I hope i get my first preference at Griffith Goldcoast...if not...then ill b very extremely pissed off....

Anyone else applying interstate like me or through QTAC?

GULP
fark :cold:

Season

HSC
YAY

I got

In the January offer round you have been offered:
317012 Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery - full-time at James Cook University, Townsville Campus.
You must respond by Monday, 21 January 2008.
Your offered course is currently listed at preference 1.

pretty happy with it

N1C0L3

HSC
Well done ppl!

HOLY FUCK they r out already?!?!?! i was waiting till 2am NSW time meaning 1am qld hahaah
shit
omg i gota check now
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GinoIs

HSC
Woot! got in Engineering @ QUT
2nd Preference, behind Engineering @ UQ
sooo Lucky that I got in!

N1C0L3

HSC
OMFG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
goldcoast here i come!!! FUCK YEAHHHH

234702 Bachelor of Science (Ecology and Conservation Biology) - full-time at Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus.
Your offered course is currently listed at preference 1.

JasminB

HSC
Hehehe congrats guysss!! I got in tooo!

736002 Bachelor of Veterinary Science - full-time at The University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus.

You have firmly accepted this offer and you will not be considered in any further offer rounds

How are you's all feeling bout moving away..??? i have nowhere to stay cuz all the colleges were full when i applied...=/.. i may end up living on the side of the road..>.<

N1C0L3

HSC
Cool veterinary science thats lucky! well done!

I am soo excited about moving away, gotta apply for accomodation 2morrow and post it off asap! Got a variety of places to choose from so should get in somewhere.
Its gna b soo weird leaving home tho, for good, pretty much gota fit my whole bedroom and wardrobe into 10000 suitcases whilst lug 2 surfboards up lol cant waiiittttt
How do u feel about moving up? maybe u could look at renting a shared apartment with flatmates in the area...
what about employment? haha we all have to find jobs now. hopefully that wont be tooo hard. and gotta make our own meals...even tho i cant cook crap all! and do stuff ourselves, i cant wait :)

by the way, what time is everyone planning on going up? right before uni commences? weeks prior to uni commencing?
i was thinking mabey i should get up there earlier to make time to settle in, check out area and apply for jobs n stuff. Whats everyone else doing for wherever u's r going to?

Sepehr

HSC
233812 Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental science - full-time at Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus.
Your offered course is currently listed at preference 1.:D :D :D

~untitled~

HSC
In the January offer round it has not been possible to offer you a tertiary quota place.

I only had one preference

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
MBBS Provisional Entry at UQ for the win! But I still have my fingers crossed for everywhere else so I hope I can knock it back to make someone else's day =)

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
I've checked my application, and it just says:

"Your application has not yet been considered for an offer in a tertiary quota place"

wtf does this mean, I thought release date meant ALL offers had been considered??????????:eek:

Anyone else got this?
Thanks

GinoIs

HSC
Pommy babe said:
I've checked my application, and it just says:

"Your application has not yet been considered for an offer in a tertiary quota place"

wtf does this mean, I thought release date meant ALL offers had been considered??????????:eek:
Thanks
... That doesn't sound good.
The only thing I can think that could of gone wrong on your be-half is that you picked courses which were above your UAI/OP/Rank.

-----------------------
Quoted off Qtac's Website;
Number of Offers

All applicants are considered simultaneously, and places are offered on the basis of merit to the most qualified applicant, in accordance with institutional admission policies. Although you can currently apply for as many as six different courses through QTAC, you will generally receive only one offer at any one time. This will be for the highest preference for which you are eligible and more highly ranked, relative to other applicants for the same course. This ensures that tertiary places are not wasted as a result of some applicants receiving numerous offers and others consequently missing out entirely.
However, institutions now have the option of offering a proportion of their tertiary places on a full fee-paying basis. If an applicant's highest eligible preference was a Dfee course and that applicant was also eligible for a lower preference that was not a Dfee course, they would be offered both the Dfee course and their next highest eligible non Dfee course.
Please note that for international applicants, offers are made directly to the applicant by the institution not by QTAC.
http://www.qtac.edu.au/Selection_Pr...n_For.Current_Applicants.Offers_and_Responses

-------------

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
GinoIs said:
... That doesn't sound good.
The only thing I can think that could of gone wrong on your be-half is that you picked courses which were above your UAI/OP/Rank.

-----------------------
Quoted off Qtac's Website;
Number of Offers

All applicants are considered simultaneously, and places are offered on the basis of merit to the most qualified applicant, in accordance with institutional admission policies. Although you can currently apply for as many as six different courses through QTAC, you will generally receive only one offer at any one time. This will be for the highest preference for which you are eligible and more highly ranked, relative to other applicants for the same course. This ensures that tertiary places are not wasted as a result of some applicants receiving numerous offers and others consequently missing out entirely.
However, institutions now have the option of offering a proportion of their tertiary places on a full fee-paying basis. If an applicant's highest eligible preference was a Dfee course and that applicant was also eligible for a lower preference that was not a Dfee course, they would be offered both the Dfee course and their next highest eligible non Dfee course.
Please note that for international applicants, offers are made directly to the applicant by the institution not by QTAC.
http://www.qtac.edu.au/Selection_Process/Offers_and_Responses.htm?activeMenuId=Information_For.Current_Applicants&activeItemId=Information_For.Current_Applicants.Offers_and_Responses

-------------
No, but thats the thing, the equivalent entry rank was a DDD mark in english a-levels... and i got ABB, so surely I should have whizzed through. It;s for commerce btw.

GinoIs

HSC
I'm not sure... your best bet is to probably ring and ask them.
Besides, It's not 1pm yet. They said that they'll come out at 1pm :eek:

I'm too distracted by your avatar to be more of a help.

partelephant

Monkey on a Rock
HSC
Perhaps your application hasn't been considered yet because you're an international applicant Pommy babe? (or so I assume by the fact that you've done A levels and your location is London) I'm not sure why they wouldn't have because of that...but just an attempt at an explanation...

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
LMAO at GinoIs

And i'm a domestic student, i have a permanent residency visa, and someone else just told me that the results were released 14 hrs ago :S

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Sepehr said:
233812 Bachelor of Oral Health in Dental science - full-time at Griffith University, Gold Coast Campus.
Your offered course is currently listed at preference 1.:D :D :D
See you there mate! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)