Quanta 6 marker (1 Viewer)

Daniel-08

HSC
this is the question:

"Use the work of TWO physicists to explain how the combination of ideas led to new directions in scientific thinking about atomic structure"

i think i did it wrong lol i talked about Bohr and Fermi, i interpreted the question as two scientists who used different ideas to work on the atomic structure.

but apparently you were supposed to write about two scientists who worked together or used another scientists work. meh

what did u guys write?

nottellingu

HSC
de broglie and davison-germer...i talked about davisson and germer as one person and de brogllie as another.

runnable

HSC
I did Rutherford and Bohr. Chucked in de Broglie, Davison-Germa and Pauli.

glockenspiel

HSC
Heisenburg and de Broglie. Talked about how when combined they made a fully quantum mechanical model of the atom.

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
Rutherford and Borh as well. Chucked in De Broglie.

Lol, you know the 4 mark question before that? Describe the main features of the standard model of matter?
I wrote 3 and 3/4 pages for that. I had to ask for another writing booklet.

Last edited:
HSC
bohr and de broglie. how de broglie said the thing about wave-particle dual nature etc etc, which helped bohrs model. or something. my head has erased most of physics now. also mentioned planck's photons (because he totally owns them) and davisson & germer proving de broglie. but probs about as much as i just wrote i.e. not much. i just hope i made sense. i even drew a picture lol.

pdoueihi

HSC
Daniel-08 said:
this is the question:

"Use the work of TWO physicists to explain how the combination of ideas led to new directions in scientific thinking about atomic structure"

i think i did it wrong lol i talked about Bohr and Fermi, i interpreted the question as two scientists who used different ideas to work on the atomic structure.

but apparently you were supposed to write about two scientists who worked together or used another scientists work. meh

what did u guys write?
fuck i did the same as u. i wrote abour Rutherfords combination of ideas and his gold foil experiment that led to the development of Bohr's model and postulates. then i talked bout Fermis combination of ideas and controlled fission experiment that led to the increased use of the nuclear reactor.

Last edited:

pdoueihi

HSC
i think theyll consider it if enough ppl make the same interpretation like us

Daniel-08

HSC
pdoueihi said:
fuck i did the same as u. i wrote abour Rutherfords combination of ideas and his gold foil experiment that led to the development of Bohr's model and postulates. then i talked bout Fermis combination of ideas and controlled fission experiment that led to the increased use of the nuclear reactor.
yeah, i did pretty much the same. i reckon they will still give us marks though, because technically we are still answering the question.

hamzie

HSC
Why michelson morley?

did they contribute to the atomic structure

Daniel-08

HSC
haha Michelson and Morley. u would have been better off writing John Mc Cain and Barack Obama

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
bohr and de broglie.

just talk about how these two work lead into begining of using only uantum mechanics /physics to think about the atomic structure

tnosrac

HSC
I did Heisenburg and Pauli, and spoke about what they did with the electrons. Like the Exclusion Principle, and the Uncertainty principle

adnan91

HSC
I did de brodlie and Pauli. There pretty good together just talked about the neutrino and exlcusion princinple on pauli's behalf and wave-particle electron stability interger wavelengths thingo's for broglie

pdoueihi

HSC
Daniel-08 said:
haha Michelson and Morley. u would have been better off writing John Mc Cain and Barack Obama
lol ur slack but kinda funny

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
I did Rutherford and Gell-Mann (that quarks guy).

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
rofl at michelson and morley it made me laugh so hard, so random. Good one XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)