Question 17 (c) (1 Viewer)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
My golly gosh, did anyone else have issues with this question??
I would have been all good had we have been able to include all the factors influencing parenting and caring relationships, but to be able to pull off an essay on JUST gender?? crikey, that's like 1 dot point!! ...
What did people write for this?.. Did you make a lot of generalisations like i did?..
Oh dear... :p.. wouldn't be at all suprised if i see my answer in the band 1/2 sample for the standards package!

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I gave lots of examples and used some of the parenting styles e.g. democratic and assirtive. Also talked about gender expectations and different types of relationships e.g fathers daughters, mothers sons & behavioural expectations

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
hahaha yeh i managed to stretch out every example possible about gender and sitting limits.. males usually being the disciplinarian.. females being more caring etc.. being biased towards genders in setting limits (eg in china they seem to hate their daughters) and even stuck in something about indulgent parenting towards daddys girls and mummys boys.. i shoved in all the parenting styles in there somewhere and ended up coming to the conclusion a democratic parenting style where everyone helps set limits will increase cohesion and stop the incidence of children needing to be disciplined..
major bullshit question
i wish it was on multiple role expectations.. i would have killed it
oh well

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
HSC
cro_angel said:
ended up coming to the conclusion a democratic parenting style where everyone helps set limits will increase cohesion and stop the incidence of children needing to be disciplined..
major bullshit question
i wish it was on multiple role expectations.. i would have killed it
oh well
YEH!!! i came to the same conclusion, that a democratic parenting style would be more effective.. yaddah yaddah...

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think you will get your band 6 cro_angel. It seems as though you've had a pretty dedicated teacher too. It is pretty hard to know what they want though, and pack everything you know in. I'm told I write in essay format too well and i don't need introductions etc for cafs. meh i am so over it.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
lol lets hope so.. i just want my name in the paper lol.. cuz like my assessment mark should be like 90 ish so yeh i just gotta get above that
yeh my teacher rocks.. shes pregnant and i feel sorry for her yr 11/12s who shes going to have to leave.. shes in queensland at the moment.. watch how much i bitch about the exam to her when she gets back lol
*die paper die*

Bobbie

yep another stupid question

Yeahh i absolutely dreaded that question. I craped on about rubbish and just how people perceive different genders and how it affects how they brng their kids up and stuff... didnt menton anything about parenting styles coz to me i dont think its related but probably is. Who knows had the biggest headache in that eam and went home and spewed. The afternoon time was a bit annoying coz couldnt think properly either. Arhh well.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I think I lost my assessment mark of 93. Its not that my teacher marks easy either. Didn't help that the vast majority of the classed left after an hour.

Kimmi_R

you just had to talk about gender perceptions and traditional roles in relation to parents and children. some ppl in my class talked about democratic roles etc and my teacher said that it doesnt really count cos it doesnt relate specifically to gender, but the markes will know more about it so good luck everyone! hope you all did great :)

elizarose

i wrote about how the media influences gendre roles and culture and then past experiences and own upbringin and how these postively or negatively impact on the relationship between parent and child... then linked this with the gender roles and how the above influence dthe way in which gender parenting was infleunced.

mishka

HSC
N/A
it probably would have been easier if they had made it "discuss TWO factors that influence parenting relationships." at least we would have been able to choose our own and shown a more thorough knowledge.

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
HSC
mishka said:
it probably would have been easier if they had made it "discuss TWO factors that influence parenting relationships." at least we would have been able to choose our own and shown a more thorough knowledge.
Yeah totally agree mishka!! then we would have been able to choose factors we were comfortable with and ones we could write heaps about, gender not being one of those!!! I just still don't understand how you can get a whole essay out of just gender! grrr!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)