Question 28 (1 Viewer)

Georgettee

HSC
I didn't talk about limitations of economic policies.
Will I get marked down a lot ?

Last edited:

inJust

HSC
I think it's implied that you needed too...

With that said, I still think you could have gotten 18~ if you had a good response.

deswa1

HSC
Wasn't the whole question about effectiveness? Idk I did the case study but if its effectiveness, then limitations would be a major part of that imo. Regardless don't worry about it now- you can't change it

Georgettee

HSC
It slipped my mind but I did talk about how effective each policy is with maintaining there objectives in depth however didn't add time lags and political constants and such

inJust

HSC
Really, I just put time lag... I didn't even put political constraints hahaa not enough time.

Georgettee

HSC
I'm so worried I hope it doesnt cost me to many marks.... But yeah your so right there wasn't enough time and that question was so big !!!!

Last edited:

Rawf

HSC
You should be addressing limitations. Have you talked about any negatives though? like how some goals conflict and although it may better one goal.. it worsens another?
I think you have to discuss both positives and negatives.. although the 'limitations ie. time lags, political constraints etc' are negatives you could've talked about other negatives too.. like when you raise interest rates to increase growth it can attract lots of foreign investors which can potentially worsen our external stability.
If you addressed absolutely no negatives.. I think you'd be limited to a 14/20.

inJust

HSC
I made sure that the trade offs were what I addressed first haha. No diagrams tho, so sad...

Rawf

HSC
I made sure that the trade offs were what I addressed first haha. No diagrams tho, so sad...
Nice. In my intro I just stated that goals can conflict, and when I went through my essay I just added the conflictions at the ends of the paragraphs.
I almost forgot the limitations so I had to throw in a paragraph before my conclusion just for it.

David2245

HSC
imo, the best way of answering it was to use relevant examples of the policies in addressing the issue and by comparing it to the target rates/other economies (general targets), the effectiveness can be determined from that.

The way the question is written isn't about the policies being individually effective at dealing with issues, but rather by incorporating the government into the question, you have to take into consideration the specific use of policies by the government.

Simply put, limitations aren't necessarily essential as policies with limitations aren't used by the government. You can certainly get 20/20 without mentioning limitations. You do have to mention conflicts between them eg the pursuit of growth and inflation.

It certainly depends how you structured it as well. If you went under paragraphs about the policy and talked about the objectives within, limitations would be more relevant. If you went from the objectives and discussed policies to meet them, limitations would be less relevant.

Last edited:

inJust

HSC
I did the former HAHA. Had like 4 body paragraphs haha.

Georgettee

HSC
imo, the best way of answering it was to use relevant examples of the policies in addressing the issue and by comparing it to the target rates/other economies (general targets), the effectiveness can be determined from that.

The way the question is written isn't about the policies being individually effective at dealing with issues, but rather by incorporating the government into the question, you have to take into consideration the specific use of policies by the government.

Simply put, limitations aren't necessarily essential as policies with limitations aren't used by the government. You can certainly get 20/20 without mentioning limitations. You do have to mention conflicts between them eg the pursuit of growth and inflation.

It certainly depends how you structured it as well. If you went under paragraphs about the policy and talked about the objectives within, limitations would be more relevant. If you went from the objectives and discussed policies to meet them, limitations would be less relevant.
I did the objectives and then the policy/s which are most effective for each and spoke about the conflicts however not in to much depth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)