Question about 2U maths raw versus aligned marks. (1 Viewer)

uart

HSC
N/A
I was looking at my nephew's (2012) HSC results today and was a bit surprised how low was his 2U math score. He got all Bands 4 and 5 in his other subjects but only scored a pretty lowly 60 in 2u maths. I was just wondering, roughly what sort of raw exam mark would have netted an aligned mark of 60 there?

Hatake88

HSC
I never passed a single 2u maths exam while in school (my school was in the top 50 though) and managed to get 75 today (still nothing to be proud of though).

My maths teacher used to tell us that by having a raw mark of above 50 (so, a pass) overall already translates to a band 4.

D94

HSC
N/A
I'm only speculating from the limited data we have here, a mark of 60 would correlate to around 45/120 in the old system so around 38/100. However, a new maths exam format was introduced this year, so the old data could be way off or conversely, spot on.

uart

HSC
N/A
Thanks hatake and D94. Yeah I thought he only needed about 50% (60/120) raw to get a half decent mark. It looks like he must have only got about 40% or less in that exam. Oh well, he did spend more time playing guitar hero than studying. :haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)