Question about atar calculation (1 Viewer)

erucibon

HSC
N/A
I was checking an atar calculator (talent 100) and is it true that you would need 95 in business studies to be equivalent to a 99+ atar? Are the marks entered the raw marks or scaled?

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
I was checking an atar calculator (talent 100) and is it true that you would need 95 in business studies to be equivalent to a 99+ atar? Are the marks entered the raw marks or scaled?
They are the aligned hsc marks (so not raw). Yes it most likely would. You need to remember though a 95 in business is probably 1 mark away from a state rank so it would probably be you get a top 100 mark in the state for business so it won’t be easy

erucibon

HSC
N/A
They are the aligned hsc marks (so not raw). Yes it most likely would. You need to remember though a 95 in business is probably 1 mark away from a state rank so it would probably be you get a top 100 mark in the state for business so it won’t be easy
How is the ATAR calculated then? I thought it was the sum of top 10 units aligned marks and then the percentile, so shouldn't all units be equal after alignment

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
How is the ATAR calculated then? I thought it was the sum of top 10 units aligned marks and then the percentile, so shouldn't all units be equal after alignment
it’s not only just the percentile there is a process uac goes through where they scale marks to reflect what a band 6 in for example physics is compared to a band 6 in business studies. From that then they give you an aggregate, and each aggregate range links to a specific atar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)