• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question about Skrzynecki essay. (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
Hey just wondering, what's the best way to write this type of essay.

My teacher told me to read the question and choose 2 or 3 poems that related. He also suggested that I prepare 2 pieces of related but only use one if it asks.

However I feel like this is an inefficient way to write the essay. I would look at the question, find some relating concepts such as the poet's personal struggle, political and social influences, etc and write from there.

However, if I choose to write in this manner, how would I address each quote/evidence. Would I simply write "Skrzynecki demonstrates doubt in his family history, stating 'What's my choice to be' ", or should I introduce each poem per evidence. Eg: "In Post Card Skrzynecki demonstrates doubt..."

I'm guessing the second method is preferable, however I imagine this can become quite tedious to read if I have 10-15 separate quotes/ideas. Any ideas?

enoilgam

HSC
You should focus on 2-3 poems, not the text as a whole - thats the way I was taught.

chels777

HSC
this is how i generally structure my paragraphs:
topic sentence
poem 1 evidence/ deconstruction
link to poem 2
poem 2 evidence/ deconstruction
concluding statement

i usually use 2 poems 1 related text though this could change based on the question
hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)