• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

[question] civil/structual engineering ? (1 Viewer)

peterrtrung

HSC
Hey guys ;D
just a few questions about civil/structual engineering..

What is the HSC mark needed to enter uni and study civil ?
How hard is it ? i've heard people say its a pretty heavy work load.. im pretty good at maths though and i quiet enjoy it.

paddy_mac

HSC
G'day mate, it all depends on what degree you want to do.
Associate's degree (two years of that than transfer to bachelor's degree) can be be as low as 60 to 75.
Bachelor's degree, anywhere from 75 to 95. My course was about 89 to get in. It changes every year by the way.
I'm in my first year and I'd have to say it's been easy going in terms of workload, easier than year 12. The only problem with uni is your a lot more independent and because it's a hard transition you tend to leave things to the last minute and you wont be as organised.
Your course might have a general first year (where all engineer courses do the same subjects) or you might get straight into it which my course is.
First year work is mostly year 12 stuff, my subjects are applied science (physics and chemistry), math, eng prac and statics. Apart from eng prac and statics it's mostly year 12 stuff with a few things added in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)