• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question For You Wollongong People... (1 Viewer)

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
Alright, my girlfriend's place of employment has offered to pay for her to do a work-related Tafe course next year.

She already has Cert.IV's in both Marketing and Advertising. Now she's thinking of doing either a Diploma in Business (Marketing), or Business Management, at St George or Gymea Tafe.

My question is would either of these Tafe diploma courses provide her with an alternative method of entry into either a B.Com (Marketing) or B.Bus.Admin. at Wollongong?

The website says UoW does provide entry to it's courses based on a "recognised TAFE qualification", but does not give details on what particular Tafe qualifications are actually recognised.

She has to apply by this Friday, so any help would be much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance,
Luke.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Yes they would. However, I am not sure about the exact details. In general she would be able to have many subjects credited.

Ktulu-Spiral

HSC
N/A
So even the Business (Marketing) Diploma would allow her some kind of advanced standing?

Alright, I guess I'll try contacting the university to get more info. then.

Musegirl

HSC
N/A
If she gets into uni, she could get anywhere up to 48 credit points exempted (about one year). Depends on other factors, like TAFE grades and high school results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)