question i dont understand (1 Viewer)

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
doesn't matter have behaviour/properties like waves? (like electrons being particles of matter behave like waves, which is why we have schrodinger's model, but pls correct me if i'm wrong)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
well from my year level, we are taught that matter is not transferred, energy does. Then again, we're talking yr 9 here so most of it is just simplified bs so then we'd get the idea in ensuing years.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
well from my year level, we are taught that matter is not transferred, energy does. Then again, we're talking yr 9 here so most of it is just simplified bs so then we'd get the idea in ensuing years.
i only learned waves in y9 and 10 too because i never took up physics at the senior level but from what i remember to answer your question if that's a transverse wave which moves to the right, the individual points only move in a vertical direction (up or down) bc the particles are perpendicular to the direction of the wave (like if you imagine the transverse wave as string which is horizontal and you like twanged it it shakes up and down)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
I just realised they didn't specify that it was a particle, so you're right. thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)