question predictions (1 Viewer)

HSC
just interested in knowing what you guys reckon the essay questions will be this year. before the hsc started, i thought that the essay questions were likely to be obscure and really weird. but in light of all the exams being relatively straightforward, im not sure which direction they'll go now.

i personally reckon exchange rates and trade agreements, mainly coz they're topical.

thoughts?

Sarah

HSC
N/A
well i'm hoping for exchange rates. I'm don't want trade agreements though

Agnes

last year's hsc completely avoided unemployment and inflation in both short answer and extended response so you can make an assumption that they may use that for extended response this year, among other stuff.
also, the general theme for the hsc this year has been to keep all extended response questions across all subjects very broad, at least it has been for my subjects. maybe if you check the extended responses for the exams you've already completed, you might notice the same thing. i think if they did choose to give a very broad question, e.g what policies does the government use to manage the economy, it'd be hard for those who did study everything. i rang the hsc advice line about it, the bloke on the end said you'd have to be ready to discuss EVERYTHING to get a perfect mark for a broad Q like that (i.e all policies, all issues, including stuff on globalisation and protection and how govt has responded to that) ....
and that's just scary, i don't think they'll be that broad- not enough time to go into detail!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, as Agnes said, unemployment and inflation is almost definatley a certainty, either in s/a or the essays
environment MIGHT be asked again, since it was poorly answered last year, and im hoping for a reworded case study question...

but with the global questions...i dunno wat other line they can take...either they ask on a country other than aus, aus in the global, or globalisation in general...
anyone else have input?

Wintermute

I think there will be some questions about economic issues and policies. Maybe some about globalisation to :p

Agnes

yeah i think the BoS is limited to what Qs they can ask on Aus or a country other than Aus. last year it was globalisation, perhaps this year itll be a reworded globalisation Q or something really broad on trade...
e.g discuss trends and policies with regards to trade in the Australian economy
or
discuss trends and policies with regards to trade in an economy other than Aus...
and you can talk abt protection, composition, direction and policies used to free up trade in Aus or other countries. I don't know much abt what other case studies ppl are doing, i haven't really looked at them, but maybe this is a really possible Q which ppl doing all diff types of case studies could answer.
i could definately answer a Q like that to the case study our school did- China, cos they have the special economic zones like in singapore and stuff... and WTO etc
i think itd be a good Q

timmii

sporadic attendee
Perhaps look at what was topical at the end of last year/beginning of this year, because that is when the exams would have been written/finalised.

I remember from the Catholic trials, all the info was really out of date and the issues were from months back

Anyways....I'm hoping for balance of payments.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by timmii
Anyways....I'm hoping for balance of payments.
yuck, im not! :p

speaking of what was topical...I wonder if the BOS would be annoying enough to ask something, or imply something to do with 9/11...like how recent events/global shocks affect the pattern and direction of trade and financial flows..

eg "Discuss how terrorism affects global economic activity" (ok that was jus a joke!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)