Question (1 Viewer)

yinchsinforensi

HSC
Hi

I want to study medicine, could someone please tell me if its possible to get into medicine in the second year of studying of Bach. Science. because I missed the UMAT test last year?

I'm also thinking about doing a dual degree of science/education, is it going to be hard? (because i want to focus on my medicine pathway)

Thanx

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
No, it's not possible because UQ doesn't do undergrad med. You need to finish a degree then sit the GAMSAT. So you may as well do science/ed if you're interested, though it will take an extra year to finish than straight science. As to hardness, I maintain that everything is only as hard as you make it, and the less you enjoy it the harder it will be. But why do want to do education if medicine is your goal? As a back-up plan?

Trev

stix
HSC
UQ accepts approximately 50 students that have just finished highschool into their med program, however they are only accepted into med and their first two years is actually an undergraduate bachelor of science in which they must maintain a credit average I think?
Postgrad med requires GAMSAT and only this year did UQ take away the interview for med selection, i'm pretty sure you must first have a GPA above 5 in an undergraduate degree and then students are chosen on their GAMSAT performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)