Question (1 Viewer)

kendallkreene

HSC
For the short-answer question: Outline the events leading to the 1918 Armistice -

Do we mention only the events leading to the 1918 Armistice or the signing and procedures of the 1918 Armistice itself as well?

kendallkreene

HSC
I also wonder how people structure these types of questions? (the Using Sources X and X ...) My textbook recommends a general "introduction", but nothing too lengthy, before going onto draw information from the source then your own knowledge. There is no need for a formal "introduction and "conclusion". But my teacher says we need a proper structure. :blink2:

Frostguard

HSC
I assume outline the events leading to the Armistice would mean just the events and what caused the signing of the Armistice, not so much the actual signing and procedures of the Armistice, doubt they would ask us a question like that, doesn't showcase our understanding of the events that lead up to it, just what procedures are, not likely to be assessed.

nineteenninetynine

HSC
Hi kendallkreene!

I generally found it most useful to structure the Sources and Own Knowledge question accordingly:

1. Introduction that gives a brief overview of your answer.
2. First point of own knowledge.
3. Use source 1.
4. Second point of own knowledge.
5. Use source 2.
6. Third point of own knowledge.
7. Conclusion.

It is important that the answer is predominantly based on own knowledge rather than the sources. Each source only needs to be mentioned once, provided that you extract the most important segment of the source to support your argument. Prioritising own knowledge helps you to stand out, as the entire state will have access to the sources.

I hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)