questions (1 Viewer)

Morgues

I am interested in doing business at the city campus next year, currently I am in a similar course at mac uni.

Does the business course provide the 1 year of work experience or is it only for IT/engineering courses? cant find the info on the website although im probably not looking hard enough.

I will go there on Friday, could someone tell me which one is the business building & whats the fastest way of getting to UTS from central station?

Also generally what is UTS like, particularly the business degree. Are the lecturers good? Is the lack of campus really a big disadvantage? Is it as bad socially as some people say?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Sorry - all i can tell you is that the fastest way is to go through the tunnel, up the stairs on broadway + walk towards parramatta rd.

i think.

:D

del

HSC
N/A
The Business building is Building 5, which is in Haymarket (pretty much where the uni library is). Go down the tunnel then up the stairs, then walk down Quay St, and it'll lead you right there.

Hmm I don't do business myself (I do I.T.), but the lack of campus isn't really no disadvantage.... not that I've found anyway.

fillstar

HSC
hi im a first year student at uts doing b.business/b.med sci

in regards to your query, im pretty sure that the business course does not have practical work experience but there may be employment opportunities given to you while you work through the course.

UTS is a pretty good uni... the information taught is relatively up to date and quite relevant to the real world...

lecturers ive had so far are better than my expectation of monotonous nerds speaking just to confuse everyone...

they are professional and some of them are very funny and make learning quite enjoyable eg. Jon Tyler's Accouting for business lecture.

the business degree offered at uts gives you a wide range of experience as they give you a taste of many business areas from marketing, accounting, business law etc and later on you'll deicde on your major... i think unsw and usyd focus more on the economics/statistical/accounting side for their core subjects.

uts has a dedicated business/law campus located in haymarket... its located close to everything really so there isnt much to complain.

but in the end its up to you... go to the open day and ask all your questions there... im just one opinion

Nezz

HSC
sorry, but could you (or anyone) give me a bit more info about the B Med Sci course? Thanks heaps

fillstar

HSC
med sci

what do u want to know?

the med sci course has a good amount of content on biology and chemistry subjects and they do teach you from scratch if you havent learnt chemistry in high school

fatmuscle

HSC
business campus is building 5.

If you know where UTS library, is, it's that building.
other than that, walk down the tunnel ALL THE WAY. Follow the tram lines. You'll either get to walk down alongside the ABC building or come out at the Calrton Crest Hotel.
Either way, just keep walking towards the peachy tall apartments.
You'll see the UTS library at the traffic lights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)