quick question about advanced english! (1 Viewer)

nishi4000

HSC
HEY GUYS!

Well I got my trials back recently for english, and I dropped from 19/77 to 26/77 ... and I was extremely disappointed. Is it still possible to get and high band 5 with that ranking? I've under performed significantly in all my trials and I've begun to lose motivation for the externals, especially for english. :mad2::mad2:

astroman

HSC
yes then a band 5 is definitely possible, also need to clarify how poorly you did in trials

meggles_

HSC
Also depends on how strong your cohort is this year!

Don't give up though - if you work hard from now until HSC starts you never know what you might achieve

nishi4000

HSC
Also depends on how strong your cohort is this year!

Don't give up though - if you work hard from now until HSC starts you never know what you might achieve
we aren't too strong! :( but thank you for those words :) will do

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
HEY GUYS!

Well I got my trials back recently for english, and I dropped from 19/77 to 26/77 ... and I was extremely disappointed. Is it still possible to get and high band 5 with that ranking? I've under performed significantly in all my trials and I've begun to lose motivation for the externals, especially for english. :mad2::mad2:

In all seriousness should be doable.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Make sure you take the opportunity to reflect on what you could have done better-in terms of exam preparation and identify your weaknesses so that you could target them specifically and maximise your marks in the external HSC:)-Don't lose hope and remember the lessons in your disappointment, don't linger on the negative emotions:)

nishi4000

HSC
Make sure you take the opportunity to reflect on what you could have done better-in terms of exam preparation and identify your weaknesses so that you could target them specifically and maximise your marks in the external HSC:)-Don't lose hope and remember the lessons in your disappointment, don't linger on the negative emotions:)
hey thank you so much! i'm about to get business and legal trial marks back tomorrow, my teachers said they were disappointed in me uh oh :blink2: but ill definitely consider what you've said! thank you :) :)

nishi4000

HSC
When in doubt, ask strangers on the internet for help!

Seems like a good policy.
just need false satisfaction as motivation atm tbh.
most of these 'strangers' are people we compete against, so they're loaded with knowledge and experiences, therefore yes, its a pretty solid policy! :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)