r international students the problem to our DOMESTIC STUDENTS ability to find jobs? (1 Viewer)

mrajdadas

HSC
Re: r international students the problem to our DOMESTIC STUDENTS ability to find job

I'll have to agree, i see everywhere now Indians getting heaps of jobs, even if there clueless, so fucking annoying and i got no problem with them it's just that people like me who ARE Australian should be able to get a job in there OWN country.............

Freakstyler09

HSC
Re: r international students the problem to our DOMESTIC STUDENTS ability to find job

I'll have to agree, i see everywhere now Indians getting heaps of jobs, even if there clueless, so fucking annoying and i got no problem with them it's just that people like me who ARE Australian should be able to get a job in there OWN country.............
True there my friend, this is all the Australian Government's fault for letting these FOBS in, I mean if most of the Domestic Australian youth population has nothing to do and sit there waiting for centrelink payments, the governments should know that they're fucking up their own young ppl, especially those who end up commiting crimes, due to the lack of things for them to do.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

lol

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A

no not really. most jobs advertised at least the ones i'm looking for want full citizenship/pr, english as a first language, and a full driver's license. i just can't get those jobs because there are better more experienced people out there.

HSC

That's terrible! Why don't we all work harder at getting a job instead of making people scapegoats and drag them to the sacrificial alter?

HSC
Uni Grad

Do you mean lower ourselves and accept shittier pay?

I mean if the work is equal and one party is willing to work for less, it's obvious who the employer is going to choose.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

That's terrible! Why don't we all work harder at getting a job instead of making people scapegoats and drag them to the sacrificial alter?
Cos it's easier to blame a minority for all your inadequacies.

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC

no not really. most jobs advertised at least the ones i'm looking for want full citizenship/pr, english as a first language, and a full driver's license. i just can't get those jobs because there are better more experienced people out there.
This is all true.

International students have it tough as they can only work limited hours and many job advertisements specifically request for either local citizens or permanent residents.

Blaming them for being unemployed isn't worthwhile.

It's the old employment contradiction. How do you get a job wanting experience when you're not given an opportunity to get experience in the first place.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad

This is all true.

International students have it tough as they can only work limited hours and many job advertisements specifically request for either local citizens or permanent residents.

Blaming them for being unemployment isn't worthwhile.

It's the old employment contradiction. How do you get a job wanting experience when you're not given an opportunity to get experience in the first place.
Yes, that is absolute faggotry.

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A

How do you get a job wanting experience when you're not given an opportunity to get experience in the first place.
LOL that's what they tell the retards who aren't smart enough for the job, 'experience' doesn't matter at all, its competence, raw intelligence and potential that matter.
Now if you fat lazy locals don't have the brains for jobs then you can only BLAME YOURSELF, not internationals.

Freakstyler09

HSC

LOL that's what they tell the retards who aren't smart enough for the job, 'experience' doesn't matter at all, its competence, raw intelligence and potential that matter.
Now if you fat lazy locals don't have the brains for jobs then you can only BLAME YOURSELF, not internationals.
excuse me, we locals are firstly not fat and lazy as u preceive us to be, we're uni educated ppl, who can't seem to find part time jobs, becoz international students are willing to do anything for jobs, which would normally be allocated to us locals. This could especially be seen a few years back during the skill shortage period, any local could find jobs back then, this was becoz there's no bloody international to steal it off us.

dawdlex3

HSC

I'm a citizen but I might be considered as an international student since I didn't do high school here. (Don't hate.) Well, some of the international students are not that well-off so they desperately need a part-time job to pay off some of their expenses. Can you imagine how much you need to spend in a month living away from your family? There's not just school fees but also rent and food and lots more. If there weren't so many international students subsidizing our uni fees (yes they pay double to three times as more when compared to HECS upfront). There's only a limited amount of jobs available in the job market, and if you're not competitive enough, someone else is bound to get it. You can't blame someone else for not getting a job. Proper law-abiding employers should pay the same wages to both locals and international students otherwise it could constitute as workplace discrimination.

Australian Human Rights Commission homepage

By the way, Australia is not the only country with international students. You have to understand that in this global environment all regions will have foreign, international students.

Freakstyler09

HSC

I'm a citizen but I might be considered as an international student since I didn't do high school here. (Don't hate.) Well, some of the international students are not that well-off so they desperately need a part-time job to pay off some of their expenses. Can you imagine how much you need to spend in a month living away from your family? There's not just school fees but also rent and food and lots more. If there weren't so many international students subsidizing our uni fees (yes they pay double to three times as more when compared to HECS upfront). There's only a limited amount of jobs available in the job market, and if you're not competitive enough, someone else is bound to get it. You can't blame someone else for not getting a job. Proper law-abiding employers should pay the same wages to both locals and international students otherwise it could constitute as workplace discrimination.

Australian Human Rights Commission homepage

By the way, Australia is not the only country with international students. You have to understand that in this global environment all regions will have foreign, international students.
The government should seriously limit this so called scheme for international students to come to Australia, now I'm not being prejudice or anything but as reported on four corners THEY ARE ONLY HERE BECOZ THEY WANT TO BECOME PERNAMENT RESIDENTS OF AUSTRALIA, IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE PERKS OF OUR SOCIAL WELFARE SYSTEM.Why would so many students come to Australia, in the first place, if they are rich enough to try and re-establish themselves in a foreign country. Why couldn't they just saty at home and feel at home, without having to work hard and starting from ground zero again. Why? well I think we all know why now don't we.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

wait.

so you're annoyed at foreigners willing to do the same job and the same work as you, but at a lower rate?

why not go below that rate?

you're better than that?

have fun being better with no job.

It only becomes an issue if they are getting paid below awards rate, otherwise everything is fair go imo.

Freakstyler09

HSC

wait.

so you're annoyed at foreigners willing to do the same job and the same work as you, but at a lower rate?

why not go below that rate?

you're better than that?

have fun being better with no job.

It only becomes an issue if they are getting paid below awards rate, otherwise everything is fair go imo.
that's not the point, what I'm saying is that International students would do anything to obtain a Pernament Residency status, they don't care how much they're exploited as long as they get to eventually live in Australia and live off our perks. It's simple really get exploited now and get perks afterwards.N btw I'm not racist I'm half enthic as well.

kooltrainer

HSC

the rule is, if you cant compete, you get left behind. Dont blame others for your own incompetency. Australia is diverse and if by internation students you mean students from overseas then 99% of everyone here is international. The only domestic Australians are the aborigines.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC

that's not the point, what I'm saying is that International students would do anything to obtain a Pernament Residency status, they don't care how much they're exploited as long as they get to eventually live in Australia and live off our perks. It's simple really get exploited now and get perks afterwards.N btw I'm not racist I'm half enthic as well.
To summarise the above:
"HURR. I DON'T MIND IF DEM ETHNICKS WANT A BETTER LIFE. HURR. BUT WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO IT HERE. HURR."

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

and why should you care if they are exploited or not?

if they're willing to do it, let them do it.

o w8 dey iz be stealin yr jewb

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC

from an employers point of view international students are not exactly ideal. especially with part time work in retail or hospitality for example, without even considering the cultural factors a lot of international students are on a restricted time frame which isn't exactly appealing. plus there are obvious cultural barriers such as expectations and language to consider.

and anyway, after having worked two rounds of international enrolment at my university, the majority of international students seem to live off their own savings or allowances from their parents rather than trying to find a job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)