Racist pub bans Arabs, Islanders (1 Viewer)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
They should simply stop acting all hardcore, the pubs should let them in.

Why do they let everyone else in, it's because they're all a group of happy people.

Legham

HSC
Fair enough. It's his pub, he can do what he wants with it. If people are offended by it they can take their business elsewhere!

Sounds like my kinda pub :)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont really care that they dont let arabs in[hey its his loss of revenue right?] but whats the problem with islanders?

Apparently they also have an exclusion policy for curries[hiphop] white girls, random white dudes and asians.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Legham said:
Fair enough. It's his pub, he can do what he wants with it. If people are offended by it they can take their business elsewhere!

Sounds like my kinda pub :)
I agree. I don't see what the big deal is.

On a side note... I also think owners should be able to make their pub a smoking pub and if anyone doesn't want to be in there because of the smoke they can find somewhere else to go.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
meh...who cares .... big deal

soon enough there'l be an apartheid just like the one that used to be in south africa.....

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
MaNiElla said:
meh...who cares .... big deal

soon enough there'l be an apartheid just like the one that used to be in south africa.....
As "wrong" as it was, under apartheid South Africa was a inhabitable country with a crime rate comparable to Australia or England. After it ended, well, I wouldn't set foot in South Africa unless I wanted to be a victim of violent crime. Even houses in gated communities with their own security staff within SA have been robbed and their owners murder.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I support racial segregation in theory... but the implementation is difficult.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Also it's private property and the publican should be able to decide who enters or who doesn't. Simple.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
UWS-Uni-Student said:
Is this not illegal based on the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977?
Probably. Touchy feely PC faggots running NSW since 1977.

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Depends.

If I were denied entry simply by race, I would be offended. Here we are debating on how migrants don't assimilate, but low and behold, someone who has assimilated so much that I have very little (about my background) that I can identify with. I regard myself as Australian through and through.

Nevertheless I don't agree with it.

Last edited:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I think that what they're doing is wrong. Denying access to people they know to be rowdy is one thing, but putting a blanket ban on a given race is another. It's just flat out racist. They're denying rights to entire racial groups so that others can "enjoy a pint in peace". Think about it, some arab or islander guy decides to go to get a beer at the pub after a long days work and they get turned away simply because of their facial features. Where's the justice in that??

To those who say 'what's the big deal? they can just go to a different pub': I don't think that we should be so tolerant (of racism). I realise that it's in the city, but suppose that it happened at the only pub within walking distance from their house, or if a large number of pubs started doing it. The justification 'it's not that bad - they can just go somewhere else' fails as soon as such racist practises become more accepted and more pubs get away with it, because what happens when they try another pub? They get turned away again, highlighting the problem with using such a reply to condone the pub's policies. Of course, I understand that a single occurence doesn't have much net effect, but to be permissive of such racism allows an attitude to develop which leads to a form of racism which is far more widespread and damaging.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
KFunk said:
I think that what they're doing is wrong. Denying access to people they know to be rowdy is one thing, but putting a blanket ban on a given race is another. It's just flat out racist. They're denying rights to entire racial groups so that others can "enjoy a pint in peace". Think about it, some arab or islander guy decides to go to get a beer at the pub after a long days work and they get turned away simply because of their facial features. Where's the justice in that??

To those who say 'what's the big deal? they can just go to a different pub': I don't think that we should be so tolerant (of racism). I realise that it's in the city, but suppose that it happened at the only pub within walking distance from their house, or if a large number of pubs started doing it. The justification 'it's not that bad - they can just go somewhere else' fails as soon as such racist practises become more accepted and more pubs get away with it, because what happens when they try another pub? They get turned away again, highlighting the problem with using such a reply to condone the pub's policies. Of course, I understand that a single occurence doesn't have much net effect, but to be permissive of such racism allows an attitude to develop which leads to a form of racism which is far more widespread and damaging.
Agreed.

Being of Arabic descent or Islander descent or whatever doesn't impact on your personal behaviour. If people are rocking up clearly off their faces and swearing their heads off and whatever then they should be denied admission whatever their race, if the publican wants to discourage that sort of behaviour, but assuming that people will be like that based only on their race is ridiculous.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Triangulum said:
Being of Arabic descent or Islander descent or whatever doesn't impact on your personal behaviour. If people are rocking up clearly off their faces and swearing their heads off and whatever then they should be denied admission whatever their race, if the publican wants to discourage that sort of behaviour, but assuming that people will be like that based only on their race is ridiculous.
I'm sure the Lebanese-Australians with rats tails and track suits are delightful gentlemen, just the kind of people any one would love to have at their establishment.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I bet even if this whole thing is true, they won't be enforcing it very well.

Pretty sure if a well dressed, westernised middle eastern girl approached the pub, she'd have no trouble getting in.

It just doesn't seem believable that of all pubs, scruffy murphy's is a "racist" and "strict" pub.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
that was the only place we werent allowed into. It sort of explains it i guess, bouncers might think chris looks "middle-eastern" and so didnt let us in.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
I believe they're called private property rights, people should get used to them, especially lebanese people lol

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bshoc said:
I believe they're called private property rights, people should get used to them, especially lebanese people lol
Do private property rights extend as far as racial discrimination?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)