Radiography or Nuc Med (1 Viewer)

Lingb

HSC
Hi Guys,

Im wondering if anyone could give me some advice or info on the key differences between nuc med and radiography. initially i was set on doing nuc med but now im turning more towards radiography. i got 86.5 soo with the 4 extra bonus points, going off lasts years cut off, i should be able to get into either, im just a bit unsure of which one to place first!

any advice from current students would be greatly appreciated!

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Read the program descriptions and the descriptions for each of the indivdual courses. I don't really understand what more you can expect from us? I'm 90% sure that there are no bosers who actually do any of those courses.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
**content removed due to utter wrongness lol

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mrbassman said:
wanna do xrays or mri/cat
xray = radiography
mri = nuc med
Actually MRI is part of diagnostics.

The basics:
  • Diag. Rad. - CT, X-ray, MRI
  • Nuc. Med. - PET imagery
  • Radiatio Therapy. - treating cancers, eg. chemotherapy

Lingb

HSC
Thankyou, those posts are very useful. im going out to the advisory day on the 3rd to have a look! just wondering, with my mark of 86.5, plus 4 bonus points, will i be ok to get into radiography or nuc med?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Lingb said:
Thankyou, those posts are very useful. im going out to the advisory day on the 3rd to have a look! just wondering, with my mark of 86.5, plus 4 bonus points, will i be ok to get into radiography or nuc med?
DR maybe, the other two, definately. DR is the most popular of the courses so it has a much higher UAI. Check last years cut-off's here: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/undergraduateadmissions/uaiscores.html

Obviously, your UAI is slightly higher than DR, but the UAI cut-offs are unpredictable and although your chances are good, I recommend you don't count your chickens before they hatch.

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
meh shows how much attention i pay. lol

rawker

HSC
you've probably already picked and accepted your offer butt
i'm doing nuc med (2nd year) and i love it, it's much more interesting (i think) to radiography plus much smaller classes (about 30 in nuc med total to over 100 in radiography)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)