Raiks Remembers the Unibar (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've been at this institution way too long.

I remember the old unibar, the character it had, the wood floor with stains from years of beer, wine and other misc. liquids that seeped into it. I remember when you didn't have to take a ticket for your food at the unibar the person you pay was the person who served you your food. I remember when you could get melted cheese on your chips, play tuesday unibar trivia at both 12pm and 3pm, see bands for $8 on a thursday and being able to eat the food without thinking how shite it is. I remember in first year being able to buy food for exactly half the price we do now. I remember the majority of students being outraged when the unibar raised the prices of food over the semester break - now it's just expected that we'll be paying more next semester for food that is somehow even worse.

I'm old, I'm bitter and I'm nostalgic... but I know that the unibar has lost what it once had and some stupid wednesday afternoon wine tasting gimmick won't bring it back.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Oh god *tear*

At least they will never steal from us the legion of 1st years who line up as though it's a canteen.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You need a ticket to get food at the unibar now?

I don't think I went in there even once the entire session.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
It blew my mind. I didn't go in there for a good year or so before this session (my last session, I might say) and instead of a chip roll I got a piece of paper. I had no idea what to do. I felt old.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Since I'm usually in the Unibar at odd times, I still get the same dude who served me giving me my dodgy chips, but yeah, it's terrible, getting more impersonal by the year.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You need a ticket to get food at the unibar now?

I don't think I went in there even once the entire session.

yeah its shit

gone are the days where you could know the person behind the bar and pay for a beer and get 3 beers and some chips, you now have to deal with 7 different people :(

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Maybe they're trying to gently tell you old bastards to get out already!? ;)
Just because someone gave you a job :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I put the blame fair and square on the new unibar manager. He was in the beer garden telling everyone he's the new manager and how he was going to introduce wine tasting and fuck knows what else, but when I ripped into him because I couldn't get melted cheese with my chips anymore, he tells me he's not the manager and he can't do anything.... fucker.

Seriously, it's a university bar. Serve cold beer, good chips, don't fuck with the status quo and have good personal service... that's all you need. Why fuck around with rules that are basically set in university stone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)