• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ramblings on JA's Emma (1 Viewer)

superman113

Firstly, does anyone else not like the texts the lovely people at the dept of edu have given us??? Emma, for instance.... is there a 17 year old male out there that feels like they "connect" with this book?? actully, does anyone like the thing??

Yes, i do feel slightly frustrated with this novel. Especially as i have to do an assessment on the transformation of Emma to Clueless

"Modern composers use established texts to comment on their own context and values." Having studied the set texts and viewed select scenes [which we watch in class] address this view of transformation. In your discussion, you must compare the VALUES, CONTEXT and TECHNIQUES of the original and transformed texts.

If anyone can shed some light on this task it would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything i can do apart from comparing the significant scenes prior to prepare for this assess??

Cheers guys and goodluck!

jaim

superman is my hero

hello superman113,
i have read your little whinge at emma and i have to say that i agree with you. i have heard that not many people have replied to your question so i thought id give you some help.call the jaimie by correspodance hotline on 123456778. good luck. i believe that you study very hard and love writing essays so i think you'll be fine.lol we are so sad!!!!!!!!!

Kulazzi

HSC
superman113 said:
Firstly, does anyone else not like the texts the lovely people at the dept of edu have given us??? Emma, for instance.... is there a 17 year old male out there that feels like they "connect" with this book?? actully, does anyone like the thing??

Yes, i do feel slightly frustrated with this novel. Especially as i have to do an assessment on the transformation of Emma to Clueless

"Modern composers use established texts to comment on their own context and values." Having studied the set texts and viewed select scenes [which we watch in class] address this view of transformation. In your discussion, you must compare the VALUES, CONTEXT and TECHNIQUES of the original and transformed texts.

If anyone can shed some light on this task it would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything i can do apart from comparing the significant scenes prior to prepare for this assess??

Cheers guys and goodluck!
with the values sex replaces marriage, changing role of women, C - women have more liberty, E - women expected marriage at a young age and become a governess, bear children.

context - Emma in novel; very descriptive, set in a __ Century in a small village where everyone knows each other, Clueless movie; montages, Beverly Hills, daily teenage life, mainly school

techniques - Emma; descriptive words which gives us an image of the current situation and views on some issues, Clueless; voice-over to interpret what's going on Cher's mind

that's all I can think off the top of my head

superman113

thanks heaps for the help kulazzi, it was much appreciated.
as for boofhed jaim... do some homework or something
thanks again kulazzi.

cheers

superman113

A.M. rulz ook

hey guys... just want to throw out a challenge to all u geeks in 12engMurray.... whoever can beat me in this asses tomorrow can have my papers (car)...
(wen u buy a car, the things they give to say u own it)....
(which means if u beat me u get my car)

just as well for me yous arnt to bright hey!! hehe
later goofballs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)