HSC
Hey guys, I was just wondering if my rankings are good for the end of year 12:

Business: 3/56 - raw mark around 95/105
Economics: 2/14 - raw mark around 70/80
Eng Adv.: 16/24 - raw mark around 57/80
SOR1: 11/68 - raw mark around 57/70
Maths Adv.: 3/24 - raw mark around 175/190
IPT: 3/11 - raw mark around 72/100

My school really isn't really the (how do I put this) "smartest" and so I think these rankings look much better than they should be compared to other prestigious schools. Also, I am very worried about English adv. Would getting like a band 4 in English adv. in the HSC still let me get an ATAR above 85?. What do you think my estimated ATAR is? Thank you. (ps I'm guessing like a band 5 in everything for the hsc except English, probably a band 3)

laterz laterz

HSC
can u give an estimate of your school rank. not really the "smartest" could be anything from 50 - 200

laterz laterz

HSC
so I am guessing it's gonna be hard to get an 85 ATAR unless you do well in ur externals. band 4 in english would drop your ATAR by quite a bit. i think you should focus on making ur essays and creatives better for english and try get a really good external mark. you should also try hard for your other subjects so you can try stretch ATAR as much as possible. and also because of covid its gonna be a bit uncertain this time as some students might slack off a lot etc. so yeah try do well in ur externals and u never know u might even get above 85.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks across most of your subjects are quite good, particularly Business Studies and Mathematics Advanced. The only rank that is a bit concerning is English Advanced. English Advanced is a subject that will likely have a considerable effect on your ATAR, part of this being due to the fact that it will count to your ATAR despite the fact that you're taking more than 10 units.

A band 4 as your final mark in English Advanced may significantly limit your chances of achieving an ATAR above 85. Of course, your performance in the remaining 8 units that will count towards your ATAR is also important, meaning the higher your final marks in your other subjects, the higher the ATAR you can achieve. Preferably, in the event where you end up receiving a band 4 as your final English Advanced mark, you should ensure you do your utmost to perform to the best of your abilities in the HSC exams across the rest of your subjects. In such a case, your goal should be to achieve the highest possible marks, i.e. at least 85+ across the rest of your subjects, allowing you to reduce the effect that a band 4 in English Advanced may have on your ATAR as well as maximise your chances of achieving your desired ATAR. Band 6's are of course favourable and will greatly assist you to ultimately achieve your ATAR goal.

Based on the information you have provided (i.e. your ranks as well as your school rank), I believe you may be looking at an ATAR in the high 70's to low 80's, meaning possibly somewhere between 79 and 83.

Keep in mind that your ranks contribute to your Assessment Mark, which is only worth 50% of your final mark for a subject. The HSC exam is also worth 50%, meaning it is a great opportunity for you to perform well across your subjects, which will hopefully allow you to eventually achieve your desired ATAR. One thing is certain, you are definitely not far from your goal.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)