Rate the difficulty of the Mathematics Extension 1 exam (1 Viewer)

Difficulty

• Easy

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • Average

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Difficult

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters

MonsterMe

HSC
Not at all, thanks. I feel like anyone who feels the need to over simplify the ease of the exam doesn't understand the diversity of Maths students in NSW. Even in the Ext. cohort.

hayabusaboston

HSC
People like to overinflate their own egos by saying "It wasnt THAT hard" or "it was damn easy". Its natural for people to try to make themselves appear "better" or "smarter" than others by claiming they found something piss easy. IN REALITY there are probably less people who ACTUALLY found it piss easy than what has been said thus far.

You can claim it was piss easy if you got above 65/70 imo. Otherwise no, it was tough for you.

MonsterMe

HSC
I suppose my low/realistic/pessimistic expectations (call it what you want) means I'm happy with the paper. But it wasn't 'easy'. Ext maths isn't easy, at all. Despite not going great by any means, I'm ok. I jsut don't want people reading to think 'I'm the only one who struggles", "I'm going to scale down", or anything self deprecating like that.

Last edited:

Kieran95

HSC
Not at all, thanks. I feel like anyone who feels the need to over simplify the ease of the exam doesn't understand the diversity of Maths students in NSW. Even in the Ext. cohort.
+1, most people on these forums (with some exceptions) are from top 10 schools and have no idea of what the 'ordinary' student aims to achieve.

lolcakes52

HSC
My 2 unit friends said it was a lot less stressful than the 2 unit paper. I finished early and the exam was really strate forward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)