• Easy

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

jamesfirst

HSC
2006, 2008, 2011 will be the hardest exams ever recorded in BOS

jamesfirst

HSC
+1 - assuming that this year's paper was so hard, next year's might have a good chance at being easy.
I was expecting this year to be easy because 2006-2008-2010. I didn't look at 2010 that's why, but I thought there was a pattern... damn.......

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I was expecting this year to be easy because 2006-2008-2010. I didn't look at 2010 that's why, but I thought there was a pattern... damn.......
2003 had a hard 2U, 2006 had a hard 3U, 2008 had a hard 3U and 2011 had an easy 2U but rock hard dick 3U...

2010 was quite average in my opinion - not hard.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
From my perspective I think it was one of the less difficult ones. There were a handful of tricky ones in there but otherwise not too difficult.

Jokar

HSC
Uni Grad
Wasn't really average but wasn't crazy hard. Somewhere in between, but definitely harder than typical past papers(equivalent to 2006/2008)

Sanical

SpiderAnderson
HSC
From my perspective I think it was one of the easier ones. There were a handful of tricky ones in there but otherwise not too difficult.
Yeah, around 4-5 of the questions were tricky and time consuming meaning you'd run out of time if you spent too long on them trying to figure out what to do.

N

newbs1234

From my perspective I think it was one of the less difficult ones. There were a handful of tricky ones in there but otherwise not too difficult.
See, even useless trebla (who is only good for maths) agrees that it was a fairly easy paper.

I was not trolling when I said it was easy. You guys got off easy on the perms/combs , probability and binomial theorm questions. There were tons of free marks in that paper.

"Find the y intercept" , "Differentiate e^(-x)" , etc.

You guys got given a easy paper that you could have aced and did really well, had you been prepared. Those questions were all stock standard. Now everyone complains saying it was difficult but no one wanted any heklp at the start of the year. Make up your mind LOLOLLOO.

N

newbs1234

Yeah, around 4-5 of the questions were tricky and time consuming meaning you'd run out of time if you spent too long on them trying to figure out what to do.
That's why any smart person would have skipped Q5a and did it last, considering it was the hardest in the paper. Basic, if you do't know the answer, move to the next question and come back later!

D94

HSC
N/A
I'd say average. It was challenging in terms of understanding what needed to be done to answer the questions, but average in terms of the actual working out. There weren't any nasty proofs or whole pages (or maybe 2) worth of working out (*shakes head at 4U resisted motion*).

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
That's why any smart person would have skipped Q5a and did it last, considering it was the hardest in the paper. Basic, if you do't know the answer, move to the next question and come back later!
Maybe you should move to any other online forum (Hint: Whirlpool) you can find and don't come back later.

I'd say average. It was challenging in terms of understanding what needed to be done to answer the questions, but average in terms of the actual working out. There weren't any nasty proofs or whole pages (or maybe 2) worth of working out (*shakes head at 4U resisted motion*).
Maybe I should have included a "Above Average and "Below Average"...

Nympha

HSC
In terms of actual question difficulty, I don't think anything was "not-doable". What made the paper more difficult was timing - given an extra 10 mins it would've been possible to nut it all out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)