Ratification and Human Rights responses (1 Viewer)

wogboy23

HSC
Hey guys,
What did you guys put for your human rights responses?
This also means multiple choice questions
Q 15 is my main concern - The Australian Government has ratified an international treaty. What is the effect of this? I say B. Many say C.
Thoughts peepz?:blink2:

acemusic415

HSC
Hey guys,
What did you guys put for your human rights responses?
This also means multiple choice questions
Q 15 is my main concern - The Australian Government has ratified an international treaty. What is the effect of this? I say B. Many say C.
Thoughts peepz?:blink2:
C - though seems ambiguous in this juncture.

For the short answers I wrote Greenpeace for the protection of environmental rights and Amnesty International for the protection of civil, political, economic rights.

Following that, was the self determination definition - fairly obvious - right to seek their own political status etc. Example I used Mabo v. QLD (1992)

Developing recognition of human rights: Discussed the abolition of slavery - I provided a chronological succession of events that shape the change of this human right and thus, its developing recognition.
- Iceland 11th century: First country to abolish slavery
- Christian Churches following this deemed slavery as "unchristian".
- This paved way for the United State's enactment of the Declaration of Independence (1778) including a provision of abolishing slavery completely.
- This lead to Slave Trade Act 1807 (UK)
- This was applied to all Commonwealth nations thereafter.

Contemporary issue, I delved into Capital Punishment. I didn't mention international instruments as such, but I delved into specific countries that state sovereignty were applicable to - America mainly contrasted with Australia who utilises state sovereignty as well during their establishment of domestic laws free from external interference.
- I'm not gonna name all the laws: Death Penalty Abolition Act 1973 (Cth) etc etc. The United States Bill of Rights - 8th amendment (I think, cant remember) deeming capital punishment unconstitutional in a Supreme Court in NY.

If some of my information is incorrect, sorry - this is off from memory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)