Rationale (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Alright, I'm completely lost for this. I've completed my script and everything, It's exactly what I want it to be, but I have no idea what to write for my rationale. Should I focus on what I was trying to say in the play, my concept, the themes or the writing process?

Is it anything like the EE2 Reflection Statement?

Will? Sparky boy? Anyone?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
rationale is basically an outline of the themes your piece is exploring. you have to sort of harp on a little bit, and make the rationale sophisticated.

i have had to look deep into my script for serious issues, as my piece is comedic and 'light n fluffy'. i have talked about it as a micrososm of youth, about arrogance and the 'tall poppy syndrome.'

i am quite happy with it.

write something and show your teacher. that'll help. or you could post it here and we could take a look at it.

good luck. not long to go now...

Peartie

HSC
AlleyCat said:
yes. you most certainly do.
Sorry...i actually meant Group devised Rationale or Individual Rationale for the GP...my computer was mucking up...

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Peartie said:
Sorry...i actually meant Group devised Rationale or Individual Rationale for the GP...my computer was mucking up...
well you need to devise it mainly as a group, but you also must have a paragraph on your specific character.

you should have been told this. or didnt you listen ;)

smithica

HSC
ok this is weird i asked m teacher about this today and she said you didnt need a gp rationale now is she a dirty rotten liar... trying to make us fail cause we tended to be bad little chickens occasionally or is she right? my gp is on monday (gulp) and um well this may send me into panic mode

Gummy_bear

HSC
actually, im pretty sure we dont need a rational for GDP. it says nothing about it on the marking criteria or anything. we dont even really need our log book for GDP, they just flick through it to get a basic idea and see if everyone has done the same amount of work.

The interview they have with your group after your performance is pretty much your rationional, they will just ask you basic questions like, why did you use this as your theme?

You dont need a rational for GDP. im quite sure of that.

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
Looking at the syllabus, the IP rationale isn't even marked externally - it's just supposed to be something that the markers can look on if they're confused about certain things, just like the log book. Rationale only has to be about 300 words anyway, explaining briefly your process and what your intentions were.

That said though, hard copies (well at least for the ARP) need to have the Rationale at the front of their piece.

:)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think it would be a good idea to have a rationale for group. even if it isnt actually marked, just do as to tell your examiner exactly what you are exploring.

its only 300 words, less than a page. just write something and put it in your log book.

and the person who said log books arent needed for gp was wrong. our drama teacher told us that there was a group in which two of them didnt do a log book and they had half a mark taken off.

do a log book, even if it isnt extensive. better to be safe than sorry.

Peartie

HSC
they arent marked

the only thing that is marked is ur actual performance but you need 2 have a log book because it plots the performances progress...

bonniejjj

HSC
Ok I assume you mean IP scriptwriting. I handed mine in yesterday... I can't be bothered writing decent advice, but attached is my rationale- hope that helps.

jaihson

HSC
U dont need a rationale for GP, ring the Board of Studies and confirm it. Our teacher assured us that IP is the only one for rationale. Dont know where u got that from.

anchor

HSC
Yeah, our teacher says the GP doesn't require a rationale because you're marked individually, and if the purpose of your piece isn't made implicit through the performance, then you're failing to convey it properly. So the performance should stand alone, and the individual logbooks are a sort of testament to the progress... and who did to most work (ala me with 55 pages so far and everyone else with 4), though they aren't officially 'marked'.

Anyway, I never thought 300 words was enough for my script writing rationale; it leaves a lot of things unjustified.

Crowie

HSC
N/A
log books are just to show there was a process to devising the piece and it wasnt just done by ur teacher and that it was done by the students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)