Raw Marks (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Today I got the result of my FOI request for raw marks back :D If anyone else has raw marks they've received, please post them.

I didn't get the nice format that Hugh Parsonage got, but then again I didn't actually ask for all that information, so they're still in compliance.

2004 Information Processes and Technology
Exam: TWM 67/100 => 81/100
Assessment: MA(ISM) 32.9/50 => 81/100
State Rank: 1860/6846

2007 Chemistry
Exam: TWM 57/100 => 79/100
Assessment: MA(ISM) 28.5/50 => 79/100
State Rank: 4049/10285

2007 Software Design and Development
Exam: TWM 82/100 => 89/100
Assessment: MA(ISM) 36.7/50 => 85/100
State Rank: 285/1840

Edit: Having looked over the precise language of my request, I now believe they are still yet to fully comply since they haven't given me individual question weighting details. I've written another letter to them asking for that.

Update: They have provided some more supplementary info which I have added.

Last edited:

ajdlinux

HSC
What is a FOI request?
The Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW). Read around this forum for 'raw marks' and you'll see what we mean. The Board of Studies has been trying to refuse these requests up until about two weeks ago when they started releasing these raw marks again.

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Nice Software gives me hope again!

Have you got any marks for English, Biology or Modern History?

ajdlinux

HSC
No, I don't do Bio or Modern, and I'm doing English (Standard) this year so no marks for that yet.

BTW if anyone else wants to file a request and needs some advice I'm happy to help.

boxhunter91

HSC
ajdlinux how come you did so poorly for Chem? Considering you were accelerating. Did you feel you done bad when you left the exam?

ajdlinux

HSC
ajdlinux how come you did so poorly for Chem? Considering you were accelerating. Did you feel you done bad when you left the exam?
Let's just say that I wasn't at the best school, or with a particularly great class, nor did I have much by way of work ethic. With SDD on the other hand, I did that by distance ed, and computers are my natural interest anyway so even though I had no motivation to do it whatsoever I still did alright.

Last edited:

ashllis92

HSC
So what was the procss you went through to get them? I'm assuming it wasn't a simple here fill out this form and we'll get back to you...

ashllis92

HSC
Hang on, going by this you did IPT in year 7? shit... that's mega accelerated

Bummer it won't be on your HSC or counted towards your ATAR, it's a pretty good mark...

mystiques4

Awesome Member
HSC
Too bad my school didnt let me accelerate IPT :(
They don't let anyone accelerate anything.

ajdlinux

HSC
So what was the procss you went through to get them? I'm assuming it wasn't a simple here fill out this form and we'll get back to you...
Well that was actually pretty much it.

Process is:

1. Write a letter, addressed to the FOI Coordinator, Office of the Board of Studies NSW, GPO Box 5300, SYDNEY NSW 2001 that says:

• I make this request under section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW)
  • I request access to my raw examination marks for each question, my total weighted marks, my initial moderated assessment marks, and whatever else you want.
  • These documents contain my personal information. (They charge more fees for 'non-personal' information.)
  • My student number is X, my address is...
2. Sign it, attach a $30 cheque (or $15 if you're < 18, or on Centrelink payments), and attaching some certified proof of identity wouldn't hurt.

3. Post it and wait. :D

Edit: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/administration/foi_application_form.pdf - that's the form, but I chose to write a letter because I can't be bothered handwriting my request and it overruns that space anyway.

Bummer it won't be on your HSC or counted towards your ATAR, it's a pretty good mark...
Yes, I actually got my teacher to write to the Board asking for special consideration to exempt me from that rule, but they denied it, and the other part of my FOI request was asking for documentation regarding why they made that decision. Turns out that basically consists of some handwritten scrawl that someone must have done on the back of some scrap paper.

In any case, I don't think it would've counted since I'm doing MX2 this year and a bunch of other subjects that I'm going to get mostly band 6s in.

ashllis92

HSC
Well that was actually pretty much it.

Process is:

1. Write a letter, addressed to the FOI Coordinator, Office of the Board of Studies NSW, GPO Box 5300, SYDNEY NSW 2001 that says:

• I make this request under section 17 of the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (NSW)
  • I request access to my raw examination marks for each question, my total weighted marks, my initial moderated assessment marks, and whatever else you want.
  • These documents contain my personal information. (They charge more fees for 'non-personal' information.)
  • My student number is X, my address is...
2. Sign it, attach a $30 cheque (or $15 if you're < 18, or on Centrelink payments), and attaching some certified proof of identity wouldn't hurt.

3. Post it and wait. :D

Edit: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/administration/foi_application_form.pdf - that's the form, but I chose to write a letter because I can't be bothered handwriting my request and it overruns that space anyway.

Yes, I actually got my teacher to write to the Board asking for special consideration to exempt me from that rule, but they denied it, and the other part of my FOI request was asking for documentation regarding why they made that decision. Turns out that basically consists of some handwritten scrawl that someone must have done on the back of some scrap paper.

In any case, I don't think it would've counted since I'm doing MX2 this year and a bunch of other subjects that I'm going to get mostly band 6s in.

Thanks! And I spose if you're doing good this year then it doesn't really matter. Congrats on having it granted btw.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
No, congrats to my fellow Port Macquarie student Hugh Parsonage for spending four years fighting for this. :)
I didn't know he was from Port ^_^

I never thought such power would come from such a rural area :)

untouchablecuz

HSC
are raw marks aligned linearly?
what will give you 100 aligned for chem? is it 100 raw?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)