Re-doing HSC subject - advice (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
Hey all
I sat the HSC last year and got an ATAR of 96.1..however i wanted Dentistry and it just wasnt enough.
i got offered SYD pharmacy but wasnt passionate about it.

Here is the plan
instead of going to Syd Pharmacy and then working my absolute ass off to try to get a competitive GPA ( 6-7) which means distinctions in nearly eveyr assessment aswell as countless hours trying to study UMAT, i took up physics at Tafe and now am studying only phsycs and UMAT with all my time.
I ofcourse deffered my Pharmacy course and if everything goes wrong can still take that up in novemeber so i do have a secure uni spot.

However this pathway saves me ALOT of effort since its much easier to do well in HSC physics then any Uni course and its only a year Im still young and now i have a much better chance at doing well at UMAT.

Ive seen alot of people telling me not to re-do the HSC... so im asking wat do you guys think/ any advice/ or input.

Dylanamali

HSC
what was your marks in your other subjects..

dentistry cut off purely based on ATAR is 99.10 at Latrobe University.
I would suggest not redoing the HSC UNLESS you are very confident in your ability to do well in the UMAT. To me, the UMAT holds a lot of uncertainty and doubt, and thus spending time on it does not heed the desired results.. imo for UMAT, time does not necessarily = great marks.
But if you truly are confident that you can get a 90%+ UMAT, then by all means go for it.
In terms of just doing phys, what atar are you hoping to attain?

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Well USYD doesnt offer undergrad dent
As if you couldnt get into CSU with 96.1

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Bby, just do a subject that you can do in a few weeks (writing up essays for English) and do a uni course at the same time. Gosh.
So then if you don't do well enough to pull up your ATAR you have your GPA as a back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)