(read desc) Am I burnt out? What can I do? (1 Viewer)

nuvardex

HSC
Judging by my grades (mostly A's, some B's) I would say that I am a pretty capable student. However, I keep having these phases where I find it exceedingly challenging to focus and use the logical part of my brain to solve problems.

At one point, I might be able to solve a problem perfectly. But later, I won't be able to solve that problem as swiftly; it is as if I have brain fog and slow thoughts, despite the solution being rather obvious.

I don't have a very profound social life and spend most of my time doing work, even though it is sometimes disrupted due to, as stated earlier, my hindered ability to focus at certain times after feeling fatigued. I have a major subject which takes up a lot of time, too. I have friends, but I always find myself having no time to, for instance, play online games with them.

Should I look at the pomodoro technique? People have referenced the importance of taking breaks, such as 25 minutes work, 5 minutes rest, but I have never developed the habit of doing so.

In seeing people playing games like Clash Royale and browsing TikTok on the train, I used to believe that I would do better than that person by revising things like Anki flashcards. But now that I think about it, I feel like my grades could be increased by giving myself some more recreational time.

What does your afternoon look like? Do you just think about work? If so, how do you not burn yourself out? If not, what do you do instead and for how long? Have you ever been in the same circumstance, took up recreational activities/caught up more with friends and saw an increase in your grades?

^^ sorry for the essay, hope it's clear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)