Rebound boy/girl (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
Do you think these really work??

My friends seem to think I need one and keep suggesting I go on a date with someone they know or what ever.. I dunno.. all I wanna do is stay home and cry

pRiNCesS..!!

HSC
SweetSeasons said:

My friends seem to think I need one and keep suggesting I go on a date with someone they know or what ever.. I dunno.. all I wanna do is stay home and cry
i think they do..i had a MAJOR crush on this guy..i was never with him and he screwed me over so so very badly, everyone toldme he would, and i knew he would but thats what i loved..anyhow this random guy i hardly knew asked me out and i was like yeah why not..i have now been with him for almost a year, i love him to bits and he loves me more..

go for gold sweet..cant hurt

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol... I dunno it's just I'm kinda picky... my friends like guys that I don't maybe it's not picky just different tastes

I met this guy about 2 months ago, at a good bye party for me cause I was leaving work and he came along with a girl from works brother lol. But yeah cause I was with my ex I didn't I dunno do anything about it. hopefuly he'll be at her 21st in a few weeks and hopefuly I'll be over my ex by then...

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
a rebound will not work if you get into things with the attitude you are not ready, at any rate you dont need to have a rebound to get over someone

there are other ways- like heavy drinking and hatred towards the ex

SweetSeasons

HSC
haha icey got a pic ;)

Yeah.. I dunno.. I guess I'm just not ready for the wrong guy. But yeah.. if this one guy I've only met once happen to call me out of the blue lol and ask me out I'd be all for it :p In the mean time I think I'm only ready to be single.

and haha, I've already been doing the drunken, hating ex thing we broke up a week ago and i've been drunk 4 times since and I'm talking really drunk.

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, i don't like the heavy drinking and hating.. it just results in drunken crying phone calls to the ex...

Collin

HSC
N/A
I personally loathe the concept. Whenever you're around the new boy, the pseudo-affection you two share should just accentuate your resentful thoughts about your ex.. it's emotional torture.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
SweetSeasons said:

yeah they do work, but not at the crying stage.

phizzy

HSC
rebound boys do work occassionally. but don't do it with someone you could see yourself falling for cuz THAT gets complicated. choose someone you kinda like and would hook up with if you were kinda drunk. that way instead of obsessing over your ex you start obsessing over whether or not anyone saw you macking the rebound boy PLUS if your ex finds out he'll/she'll be all 'fine then' and you can be all 'uh huh' and then it'll be all...awkward?

santaslayer

HSC
phizzy said:
rebound boys do work occassionally. but don't do it with someone you could see yourself falling for cuz THAT gets complicated. choose someone you kinda like and would hook up with if you were kinda drunk. that way instead of obsessing over your ex you start obsessing over whether or not anyone saw you macking the rebound boy PLUS if your ex finds out he'll/she'll be all 'fine then' and you can be all 'uh huh' and then it'll be all...awkward?
UhhMm..

wouldn't it be better if you actually fell for the rebound?

phizzy

HSC
santaslayer said:
UhhMm..

wouldn't it be better if you actually fell for the rebound?

well then by definition he's not really a rebound. rebounds are more like buffers, thus the name doesn't really have much warmth to it. plus going from one long relationship straight into another isn't always advisable.

Collin

HSC
N/A
phizzy said:
well then by definition he's not really a rebound. rebounds are more like buffers, thus the name doesn't really have much warmth to it. plus going from one long relationship straight into another isn't always advisable.
You don't make sense. You asserted that rebound boys can work out, then refuted in the very next post that if it did, it wouldn't be a rebound by definition. This is clearly contradictory.

The fault of your argument comes from your definition. Just because you fell for a rebound doesn't make it not a rebound, for a rebound was someone you originally used as a buffer to get over an ex. Whether or not you fell for them, that criteria still holds true.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
JKDDragon said:
You don't make sense. You asserted that rebound boys can work out, then refuted in the very next post that if it did, it wouldn't be a rebound by definition. This is clearly contradictory.

The fault of your argument comes from your definition. Just because you fell for a rebound doesn't make it not a rebound, for a rebound was someone you originally used as a buffer to get over an ex. Whether or not you fell for them, that criteria still holds true.

a rebound relationship is one where you use the person to get over your ex.
it was asserted that they can work out in this sense.
if it turns into a relationship its not a rebound relationship. its just a relationship

Collin

HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
a rebound relationship is one where you use the person to get over your ex.
That's what I said.

Ranger Stacie said:
it was asserted that they can work out in this sense.
That's your subjective interpretation.

Ranger Stacie said:
if it turns into a relationship its not a rebound relationship. its just a relationship
If it turns into a relationship, that meant it WAS a rebound relationship, just not anymore.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Wow, I thought I added some content to this topic. Wonder who <censored> it.

Nevertheless, if you read in between the lines of my previous post I was getting to this point...

FOCUS: Use a rebound. If they're willing to have sex with you that quickly, then they're not emotionally attached either, and you can use it as a release.

santaslayer

HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Wow, I thought I added some content to this topic. Wonder who <censored> it.

Nevertheless, if you read in between the lines of my previous post I was getting to this point...

FOCUS: Use a rebound. If they're willing to have sex with you that quickly, then they're not emotionally attached either, and you can use it as a release.
Where was the refocus?

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Me+you=happy said:
i also hate the idea of rebound.. but everyone has their own opinion =p
they suckkkkkkkkkk

SweetSeasons

HSC
well i'm going to a party on friday... maybe a party pash is on the books, haven't had one of those in a few months

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)