Regret: Should have tried harder (1 Viewer)

I should have tried harder. I procrastinated throughout the year and had poor time management. I really regret not studying earlier. I started studying 1 week before the HSC started. One of my greatest regrets in relation to the HSC is my Design and Technology Major Design Project. I tried to do one year's worth of work in one week and unfortunately, I was not able to finish it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sad. I SHOULD HAVE TRIED HARDER. So what regrets do you guys have?

Last edited:

mack

Banned
HSC
My biggest regret is slacking off after the Trials. Now I'm telling those "Don't be like me......." stories to other students, when I could have easily gotten 99.95-100 for my UAI.

HSC
N/A
My Textiles supporting documentation. I was so convinced I'd get a Band 3, Band 4 at best. I ended up getting a Band 6 (don't know who or how that happened) but all the same, if I'd planned my time better, I could have got a better mark and felt better inside about it. On the bright side, I didn't procrastinate ALL the time, and learnt how to deal with some of my bad habits like msn. :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
My regret is moving back home for year 12 so my parents can argue about my life and my choices all the way through, even during the exams.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i dont believe you should regret these sorts of things even though they are disappointing because life is all about learning lessons and this may help you one day.

but then it isnt a good way to learn this sort of thing and i cant say i wouldnt regret it either

HSC
N/A
That's true. Learn from falling into your own potholes (and subsequently having to crawl out of them) or learn from watching other people fall into and having to crawl out of their own potholes.

Either way, what's done is done and you just have to move on, otherwise you'll be bitter forever. :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Silverchair Quote

"Mistakes don't mean a thing if you don't regret them"

you know - you have to regret so you can learn.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Silverchair Quote

"Mistakes don't mean a thing if you don't regret them"

you know - you have to regret so you can learn.
i get what you mean but i dont think you have to regret you just have to take your mistakes on board so they dont happen again but regret can leave the impression in your mind more

AE86

HSC
Despite me getting 92.9 UAI, there's no doubt i have a bit of regret somewhere.
This is because i know i could of done better if i was serious like some of my friends who got mid-high 90s.

I initially expected something like 70s-80s due to the lack of motivation to study. At the end, i think i'm more satisifed than regretting the part of being lazy because i know anything above 90s will be a bonus for me.

Even if i did end up with 80s, i'm not going to complain to the point which i'm going to regret it so much. This is because i know what i deserve for my effort.

I'm pretty pissed off when a dude estimated my UAI as low 70s when i posted my details.

I wanna find that dude and shove my low 90s up his ass. LOL...j/k'ing

Anyway, i can't advise you to stop regretting now because it's easier said than done. However, i can tell you can get over it eventually if not any sooner.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
lukebennett said:
i get what you mean but i dont think you have to regret you just have to take your mistakes on board so they dont happen again but regret can leave the impression in your mind more
yeah. i get what you mean too.

we have to get over it eventually.

jellybeenz

HSC
I regret how much time I wasted during the year- especially all the time I spent on the internet before the HSC and during it.

My UAI was good, my exam marks were excellent, if I knew it was that easy to get high 80s in just about everything, I'd have actually done some work during the year and then maybe I woulda got some band 6s if my school assessment marks were improved.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
I regret not doing better in English when I knew I could've. I got 91, but I missed out on the 5 mark question in section I and also had bad time management in paper 2 and didnt get to write that much for King Lear. I also regret studying only the morning before the Drama exam - it was because of Modern the next day - but I reckon I coulve ended up getting more than 96. I also regret not having a creative writing piece prepared for Extension 1 - I'm happy with my 47, but I couldve gotten more. These are all stupid, stupid things to worry about since I was overwhelmed with my fantastic marks - I didnt even think Id do as well as I did - but after all the excitement wears off you can't help but contemplate what would've happened if you tried harder.

Trigger189 said:
I regret not doing better in English when I knew I could've. I got 91, but I missed out on the 5 mark question in section I and also had bad time management in paper 2 and didnt get to write that much for King Lear. I also regret studying only the morning before the Drama exam - it was because of Modern the next day - but I reckon I coulve ended up getting more than 96. I also regret not having a creative writing piece prepared for Extension 1 - I'm happy with my 47, but I couldve gotten more. These are all stupid, stupid things to worry about since I was overwhelmed with my fantastic marks - I didnt even think Id do as well as I did - but after all the excitement wears off you can't help but contemplate what would've happened if you tried harder.
Yeh, totally. When I'm bored and have nothing to do but stare into space, all these things start floating into my mind. And I enter into my world of regrets. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sad.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Trigger189 said:
Omg this is freaky. I was just gonna type up a reply EXACTLY like yours :(
Except just switch a few subjects around. I left out the 5 mark question in Section 1 of the AOS paper as well. I kicked myself for the rest of the HSC for being so careless. I didnt study during STUVAC for some God unknown reason...I sould go on and on...I wish I didnt underestimate myself so much :(

S

Shuter

Australian_Idol said:
I should have tried harder. I procrastinated throughout the year and had poor time management. I really regret not studying earlier. I started studying 2 weeks before the HSC started. One of my greatest regrets in relation to the HSC is my Design and Technology Major Design Project. I tried to do one year's worth of work in one week and unfortunately, I was not able to finish it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sad. I SHOULD HAVE TRIED HARDER. So what regrets do you guys have?

Yes that about sums it up for me, except replace D&T with 3&4 Unit maths.

Bobcat

HSC
I dont regret it know...its not everything, i liked my bludgy lifestyle over the last two years, and know its time to get into the real world, without a decent UAI, and there are still endless possibilities.

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
My regret was not changing schools.... I was working my arse off and getting decent marks for everything, but in the end my school scaled me down... ALOT, so much so it's ridiculous. I worked so hard, to only have it wasted.

S

Shuter

Sickle said:
My regret was not changing schools.... I was working my arse off and getting decent marks for everything, but in the end my school scaled me down... ALOT, so much so it's ridiculous. I worked so hard, to only have it wasted.
You do not deserve a high UAI if you cannot grasp the concepts of how it's created.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)