Relationships (1 Viewer)

Me+you=happy

HSC
I don't think there is a thread on this, but what kinda relationship do you have with your current partner? when i say "relationship" i mean to say is it physical, emotional, distance and etc

but the thing i want to know most is the relationship's flaws.. like what u dont like about the relationship and how you want it to be.

because some people have troubles in relationships that they cant find answers for, maybe due to in-experience or something.

So i thought i'd just start this thread so people could learn from other peoples experience.

anywayz, thanks

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I don't have a partner [yet] but I've heard from friends that communication is the key to a successful long-term relationship.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
emotional for me....what i don't like about it is distance atm, we r long long term though, nobodys relationship is guaranteed, like even if ur married they still can argue and get a divorce, nobody knows what tomorrow holds, but the thing is, to make it work communication is very important, i share everything in my life with my partner, and i'm comfortable bout it, but many people can't express how they feel, when they feel, or some people just have nothing to talk bout cos they have different interests and grow apart, trust is also another factor, if there is no trust, there is no relationship.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
relationship: my current (and all for that matter) relationship is both physical and emotional...but i always place much more importance on the emotional side of it - (imo) there's no use in going out with someone if you arent friends, cant express your feelings for them, and cant enjoy yourself and the relationship as much as possible.

flaws: there's obviously things in both of us that you can call "flaws" (but we wouldnt be human otherwise), but his "flaws" dont bother me much. in the relationship, there's none that i can see/have noticed.

there's been flaws in my previous relationships.
- my first, we just plain werent suited for eachother: age, maturity, interests, he was clingy (didnt understand that i was in yr 12 and needed time to do my work), he tried to make me talk more by going on about how some other chick called him so much and they spent like hrs on the phone....still dont know why i bothered going out with him in the first place.

- my 2nd was ok, but the distance kinda killed it - 2hrs on a train (he didnt have a car & i didnt drive). he couldnt be stuffed to come down after i finished my hsc, so i had to do the 2hrs once a week. i didnt fit his 'standards' (i had "faults") so he dumped me.

- my 3rd...we were more like just mates who did stuff (longer and it could've led to fuck buddies), no chemistry..we gave up on it after 2wks

this' my 4th, and we're 9 months strong. sure his "bam, headshot" (stupid gamers lol), etc is lame and can get me a bit annoyed, i get used to it and get over it. i love him too much to let something as stupid (little) as that get in the way

HSC
with my current partner, our relationship started on an emotional level and progressed into a both emotional and physical level. this year we also had to endure distance from each other because i moved to newcastle (but since, moved back to sydney)

the relationship before that was based on an emotional level from my side and for him i dont have any idea what the hell it was about. i think he was just with someone for the sake of being with someone. FOR 13 FKN MONTHS wasting my time. the flaws in this were: lack of communication (he never talked to me about anything, and if i talked to him about anything deep, he'd snap at me or not acknowledge it)

millymoo

HSC
me and any bf (2 years still strong) were moreso physical at first but now hes my best mate in the whole world as well... friendship is so important in a relationship cause if you cant be honest and communicate then what are you going to do when the sexual spark dies?

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
Emotional and physical, coming up on four months =) Naturally the emotional takes precedence, and I really think we work so well together because we're open with each other, if it can't be expressed in actions it's defintely said, no matter how stupid or embarrasing it sounds in our heads, which is great.

My only real fault I can find with us right now is a lack of being together, I only get to see her once a week usually for a couple of hours, twice if i'm very lucky, and that sucks a bit, but because of family situations and stuff like that, then that's how it has to be for a little while longer.

Anyway. since this thread is partly about advice and learning from other people, then as someone else already said, communication is key to a successful, long term, relationship.

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
emotional and physical..
Its been over one year now and his my best friend. The only thing that bothers me is him always wanting sex as most guys do. I deal with it but only when he deals with for example my girlie movies lol.. nah its ok i guess, i still like doing stuff although sometimes your just like ohh i cant be bothered..

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
stamos said:
lets do it and never stop
I'll bring the lube, I hope there's a phone nearby cause someone will need to order some yummy pizza after a few hours of good sexing.

Me+you=happy

HSC
lol @ stamos & minushuman, horny bastards.

anyways, when the "sexual spark" dies , they can be brought back to life again?
some people think when the sparks gone.. thats the end of the relationship..
is this the case? or is it possible for the electricity to flow again? ^^,

millymoo

HSC
Me+you=happy said:
lol @ stamos & minushuman, horny bastards.

anyways, when the "sexual spark" dies , they can be brought back to life again?
some people think when the sparks gone.. thats the end of the relationship..
is this the case? or is it possible for the electricity to flow again? ^^,
well many ppl give up once this sexual spark thing has died because they dont have the emotional capacity to speak with their partner about their issues once the physical is goone... which is why it is important to have those communicative skills and emotional connection with your partner so that you are thus able to talk about why your not attracted/ dont want sex/ whatever reason may be... so you can fix it :) (if you want to)

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
so you people are saying that the relationship is over after sex?

olchik

HSC
I don't have any serious realtionships at the moment, but for me the main thing in any relationships is the mutual understanding.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
sparkl3z said:
so you people are saying that the relationship is over after sex?
not necessarily, but many long-term relationships become dependant on physical things such as sex. in these cases, when the 'spark' is lost and partners get bored of just fucking eachother, there isnt much to pull the relationship back together. luckily for most of us with newer (or non-existant) relationships, there's more to losing the spark than just losing the desire to sleep with your partner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)