relax every1, it's official- 2u was meant 2 b tougher than normal (1 Viewer)

anal

The BOS have been under increasing pressure this year for the accussations of dumbing down many subjects as you will probably already know. As a result this years paper, although was not meant to be very different to past years, was in fact designed to test the course content to a higher degree. Therefore you can expect higher than usual scaling if you reasonably clear of the state average, unless of course the entire state did incredibly well which doesnt sound like the case.
I am well aware that to many of you this will sound like total bull$*!^ and that's fine if you don't wish to believe, but for those who are worried n freaked out about their exam you can breathe a little easier. My neighbour used to work for the BOS and was tellin me this yesterday

Aint long now.

anal

why thank you :)

so what, I should totally disregard your 1st post or anyone's 1st post?
And who said that anal is my alias. Some people have very unfortunate names you know!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Your neighbour is evil I tell ya! jkjk.

But there's no point stressing. It everyone finds it hard, we all get moved up anyway =] Even the guy who made a topic saying he found it was easy; even he wasn't expecting anywhere near full marks... which speaks for itself.

scraggy321

Shazam
HSC
For you it wasnt hard. Instead of making such pointless posts let us ponder and be afraid of what lies ahead, and if you dont want to, simply ignore these posts.

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
So i guess no one realises that the papers were written last year before BOS was under attack by the media? Small little problem there.

switchblade87

HSC
I really don't think it can be 'official' if its not in writing from the BOS directly. I'd like to totally believe you, as I think it will get scaled up. I'd say the state average, judging generally by the people on here, to be around 50-55%.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
switchblade87 said:
I really don't think it can be 'official' if its not in writing from the BOS directly. I'd like to totally believe you, as I think it will get scaled up. I'd say the state average, judging generally by the people on here, to be around 50-55%.
State average will be much lower than that, more like 40/120.

alex_london0

Lord Fatshit
HSC
that exam was insanely hard....and im not the smartest 2 u student but i doubled my marks in the trial.....but this tes twas like amazingly difficult...we gave it to one of the 4 unit students at our school and he admitted it was dificult even teachers thought it was hard so........wats your verdicts

chin music

HSC
N/A
I dont care what the BOS says and what anyone thinks they say. The paper was extremeley harder then past HSC's and past trials. After looking at the paper a second time a day ago i realised that as the pressure was no longer on me that the paper was a lot easier then it seemed in the exam. But i still think it was one of the hardest ever. I reckon u should all relax because in the overall scheme of things it really matters very little how easy or how hard it was. Theres so much shit no one even knows about that the BOS does to even out the marks for different subjects. You never know, maybe they overestimated how hard it was and itll end up being for the best that it was hard.

Ghost1788

HSC
seriously the first 6 questions werent hard i would expect most 2U students to get everything right in those questions so thats 72/120 + the marks that many would have scabbed in 7 and 8 add 10 and then add 5 for question 9 and 10 and subtract 10 from that to account from the silly mistakes

72+10+5 - 10
=77/120 RAW
=64.17% RAw

i think thats would be the average 2u student..or at least it should be...at least

there was nothing in the first 5 questions that should have made the 2u students fell confused or lost..it was an ok exam..just the last 3 questions would have confused the average 2U students....

Last edited:

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Ghost1788 said:
seriously the first 6 questions werent hard i would expect most 2U students to get everything right in those questions so thats 72/120 + the marks that many would have scabbed in 7 and 8 add 10 and then add 5 for question 9 and 10 and subtract 10 from that to account from the silly mistakes

72+10+5 - 10
=78/120 RAW
=65% RAw

i think thats would be the average 2u student..or at least it should be...at least

there was nothing in the first 5 questions that should have made the 2u students fell confused or lost..it was an ok exam..just the last 3 questions would have confused the average 2U students....
Thats all great in theory, and looking over the paper again when i'm not under pressure, yea i should have gotten full marks in 1-6, not in 7 cause i didnt like b, but in 8 as well, a half marks in 9, and half in 10 had i enough time- but it just doesnt happen that way- i'm looking at 78-88/120 depending on how many marks i get for working and carry through errors. Had i done the paper at home I would have gotten close to 100/120- but the pressure in the exam- and the confusing nature of the questions accounts for the difference between theory and practice.

PS 72+10+5-10 = 77, not 78

HSC
I think the average last year for the 2u test was around 48%, and if this year's test was harder...or atleast the same difficulty...I don't think the average will be in the 60 range like you think Ghost1788

Pixydust*

chin music said:
I reckon u should all relax because in the overall scheme of things it really matters very little how easy or how hard it was. Theres so much shit no one even knows about that the BOS does to even out the marks for different subjects. You never know, maybe they overestimated how hard it was and itll end up being for the best that it was hard.
Amen to that!

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
fullmetaljacket said:
I think the average last year for the 2u test was around 48%, and if this year's test was harder...or atleast the same difficulty...I don't think the average will be in the 60 range like you think Ghost1788
R u serious??? i really hope ur right coz that would make me feel a whole of a lot better. btw how did u know last yr average was 48%???

HSC
MeehShanku said:
R u serious??? i really hope ur right coz that would make me feel a whole of a lot better. btw how did u know last yr average was 48%???
There is no way to know that, these people are just quoting random figures

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
I think BOS release figures on average, it is usually tutours that can get their hands on that sort of information. Besides, the average is always less than 50%, and it will be again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)