Religion and Peace Analysis (1 Viewer)

dieHSCdie

HSC
well i wrote about 4 pages i think... i thought it was weird that they only asked to discuss one tradition instead of 2.. that was really surprising

but yeah i thought the paper was ok, the multi chice were harder than expected though.. not sure how i went with them!!

revanchist

HSC
I only managed to get 3 out because they only asked for ONE religion.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
I wrote 5 pages, i forgot a quote from the dhammapada for a particular point, but i replaced it with the DL, talked about the buddhist peace fellowship and how inner peace is achieved in buddhism (the dalai lama states that "once we are at peace with ourself then and only then can we be at peace with our surroundings so i talked about that for a little bit)

HSC
This question threw me, but when I thought about it it was okay.

In christianity the creation of world peace is made through shalom, which requires right relationships between the individual, God and his neighbour. Therefore the question lent itself to dicussion of inner as well as world peace, because inner peace is inextricable to shalom.

Apparently my whole school did something woeful though.

HSC
If anyone's interested heaps of kids at my school fucked up, only writing a couple of pages or writing a prepared essay about two religions :p

leahaf

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
This question threw me, but when I thought about it it was okay.

In christianity the creation of world peace is made through shalom, which requires right relationships between the individual, God and his neighbour. Therefore the question lent itself to dicussion of inner as well as world peace, because inner peace is inextricable to shalom.

Apparently my whole school did something woeful though.

isnt shalom the Hebrew word for Peace within Judaism??... therefore not usually associated with Christianity??

HSC
leahaf said:
isnt shalom the Hebrew word for Peace within Judaism??... therefore not usually associated with Christianity??
Shalom is a hebrew concept but its shared with all semitic religions. It forms the basis for both Christianity and Islam's contributions to peace :)

Manda.found

HSC
cannibal.horse said:
If anyone's interested heaps of kids at my school fucked up, only writing a couple of pages or writing a prepared essay about two religions :p
might have somthing to do with that we didnt really have enough to write on one religion so therefore some people though 'we if do the two the marker might choose our best one therefore maxamizing our result'

HSC
Manda.found said:
might have somthing to do with that we didnt really have enough to write on one religion so therefore some people though 'we if do the two the marker might choose our best one therefore maxamizing our result'
That and 'I must be reading this question wrong'

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Manda.found said:
It said ONE not at least ONE therefore it wasnt invited you to do more than one

Manda.found

HSC
axlenatore said:
It said ONE not at least ONE therefore it wasnt invited you to do more than one
but at least it was not just a coupel as i said pervious didnt no enough to write a full essey on just one!!

meechfan

live.laugh.love
HSC
Uni Grad
I um... I talked about Christianity and all it's peace initiatives and therefore concluded that yes they were effective contributions to a great extent. It said assessed so... I did just that... oh and you were asking how much? well try 4.5-5 pgs I'm not certain though I left 1/2 hr early that because I was tired and had a headache in the SOR 2 exam:rofl: I thought I had to stay there though lol:eek:

dp23dwayne

HSC
only one religion, expected to write more, got only about 7 pages LOL

karinaaaV

HSC
i was so annoyed they only asked for one tradition! it was really random too, didnt expect it at all

i ws suprising though i ended up going into two booklets, had so much time left so just kept writing. really wish they had said two though, and i hated talking about contributions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)