Removal of pass conceded (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Pre much if u get less than 50 in finals, its insta fail regardless.

Change coming sem1/16

Source: UNSW email

D94

HSC
N/A
It's less than 50 for the overall mark, not exam mark. Some courses have no exam mark requirement, some might be 40, many are 50.

Good change.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
It's less than 50 for the overall mark, not exam mark. Some courses have no exam mark requirement, some might be 40, many are 50.

Good change.
Yeah, I thought PC was for overall mark.

I'm personally against the change. If someone got 48 or 49 (and has a good lecture/tutorial attendance rate), I still think they deserve to pass the course as much as someone who got 50.

Of course PC shouldn't be for those people who regularly skip classes.

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm personally against the change. If someone got 48 or 49 (and has a good lecture/tutorial attendance rate), I still think they deserve to pass the course as much as someone who got 50.

agree

D94

HSC
N/A

Attendance, by the student rules, is compulsory, so why should failing students receive a concession for simply doing what is required of them in the first place?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Attendance, by the student rules, is compulsory, so why should failing students receive a concession for simply doing what is required of them in the first place?
It's just that I personally don't see the difference between a 48-49 student and a 50 student.

Anyways, from a lecturer's or a tutor's point of view:
If a 48-49 student was attending every class, it shows at least some level of dedication and commitment and ultimately, they deserve a pass (because they were a bit unlucky).

If the 48-49 student has terrible attendance, you'd be less inclined to reward them with a pass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)