• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Requirements for entry (1 Viewer)

ioniser

HSC
Hey people i didn't meet the cut off for engineering,I got 72 uai plus the three points i get 75 which is still under the 78 cut off for engineering at uow

I was looking at the early enrty thread and it appears if you meet requirements of pass marks of particular subjects for hsc,but dont meet the uai you can still get in

does anyone know the requirments for mechanical,mechatronics or mining engineering

I was thinking of may be appealing or something

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Early entry closed long ago, my advice would be to write a letter to the head of the faculty (not too long, three quarters of a page max) and outline how keen you are to do the course and even though you didn't make the cutoff why you would succeed in this course at uni.

Get it in the mail quick smart.

From what I have heard, Wollongong seems to be the most flexible uni in terms of letting students in under the cutoff.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
engineering at wollongong is the most flexible of any subject at any uni ive ever seen....

you should have gone along to the options day, i know of 3 people who did the whole "i really wanna come here" pledge and still got in....i think its lame and is the reason y they dont have as much prestige in their graduates... but anyway

refer to the thread about the engineering opportunity program....get in quick but, ur leavin it quite late, id even ring and try to speak to the head of eng. asap and then forward a letter as well....

iamsickofyear12

HSC
My course last year was really empty and I heard of people getting in with UAI's up to 20 under the cut off so there is still hope.

ioniser

HSC
thanks people for all the help,i emailed and rang them today,they've already replied

they said If I'm still interested in mining engineering after the main round offers ,that I should contact the dean for an appointment after it

I suppose thats good news

thanks alot guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)