resignation letters (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
i need to write a resignation letter for the retail company that i am leaving for clerical work. i have been with them nearly 3 years and have upmost respect and appreciation for the company.

how can i express some sort of gratitude as well as letting them know when i will be leaving?

any ideas would be awesome! i just dont know quite where to start. ive never done this before.

thanks

Saedie

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I think you need to allow a weeks notice before resigning and resignation letters arent always required unless asked by the employer. Just say thank you and goodbye.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
I'll be doing the same very soon!

Maybe commend the people you've worked with, possibly write a letter to HR for your managers...? In the end they'll look at it and smile and say "ah, that's nice to hear" and put it in the bin, so don't worry too much -- how many resignation letters do you think they hold onto?

That said, the impression you make will stick around.

santaslayer

HSC
u only work for retail...they arent going to expect u to work for them for the rest of ur life..i think they would wish u good luck...dont worry

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
To whom it may concern,

I quit.

Sincerely
Me

If you want to be nice replace I quit with:
I hereby tender my resignation effective 9/12/2005 or at your convenience.

Don't be be sweet, be professional.

Give your boss a box of chocolates or whatever once you quit if you feel like it to show appreciation, don't put it in writing, these things can come back to haunt you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)