Retail (1 Viewer)

Glenn198718

hey everyone who did the retail course

what did you think of the paper and what was the most difficult questions for you?? Some of the multiple choice was hard but other then that i thought the exam was alright.

Let me know what you thought of it.

angelic_sammy

HSC
i thought it was alright
i took my time which was good cause when i did the trial i had heaps of time over
this time i finished just right and wasnt rushed
does our trial count?
does anyone else do retail?

nanoose

I actually found the paper to be a bit hard...I dunno why but I aced the trials and I have been coming first in retail...I found some of the multiple choice hard and I hope that my short answers were sufficent enough...I did q 22 and 23 for my extended responses, I found them to be a bit ambigious which I think made it a bit hard...what did everyone else think?

Oh and if u do REALLY shit in the hsc exam but have done REALLY well through out the year is there hope or am I screwed?????

nanoose

oh yeh...I think the trial only counts if u dont actually sit the hsc exam due to misadventure or something..dunno does anyone no if our assessments and trials actually get counted, cause if not then I AM SCREWED!!!!

mel20588

yeh ur right about them not counting coz they dont unless you dont sit the hsc exam due to misadventure. I did questions 22 and 24 i thought they were good. i think the exam was alrite... i hope the markers mark easier than my teacher tho. What did everyone get for multiple choice?? a few were a bit hard
I got:
1. B
2. A
3. D
4. C
5. B
6. D
7. D
8. C
9. D
10. A
11. C
12. C (i thought that gross profit has expenses taken out whereas net is just difference between costs of goods and total sales....please corret me if im wrong)
13. A
14. B
15. D (not too sure tho)

please let me know which ones you agree with
CHEERS

enva

HSC
N/A
I found the first question on yellow booklet annoying, i think Q16 i couldnt think of what to put. The question on risk minimalisation for recieving dock i just went blank, they only part i didnt study for

shoo_nanoose said:
oh yeh...I think the trial only counts if u dont actually sit the hsc exam due to misadventure or something..dunno does anyone no if our assessments and trials actually get counted, cause if not then I AM SCREWED!!!!
Nope its the exam mark only for the VET courses

salmac

HSC
yeh i thought the exam was okay but it sux that our trial mark or assessments dont go toward it - basically the exam we just did is our finally mark!!
i got pretty much the same as you 4 the multy choice but for Q8 i got A and i didnt know about Q15 either i thought it coulda been B or D ( i can't rememeber what i actually put) and for the extended responses i did Q's 23 and 24 - how many bookelets did everyone use? i used 3 for Q23 and 2 for Q24

Kean

HSC
shoo_nanoose said:
I actually found the paper to be a bit hard...I dunno why but I aced the trials and I have been coming first in retail...I found some of the multiple choice hard and I hope that my short answers were sufficent enough...I did q 22 and 23 for my extended responses, I found them to be a bit ambigious which I think made it a bit hard...what did everyone else think?

Oh and if u do REALLY shit in the hsc exam but have done REALLY well through out the year is there hope or am I screwed?????
I also found the exam alot harder aswell. I've done fairly well in this subject and even the girl in my class who tops retail thought it was hard. Maybe it was a shock from the Trial which was so easy (It was my teacher who wrote CSSA Retail trial).

For the question about the emegency evacuation of the newsagency I felt there were two answers. The fire was in the shopping centre as a whole so if you evacuated that way they could come accross the fire, but the other exit that went straight out to the street had unpacked stock and shelves in the way so it would stop people getting out. I said the main entrance htough, what about you?

angelic_sammy

HSC
for that question i put the back exit
because the fire was more dangerous than tripping over the boxes

angelic_sammy

HSC
mel20588:
i agree with most of your answers for the mulitple choice
except 7 i thought was A
here's my reasoning
cash+credit+eftpos+cheque-refunds-float=total sales
623+550+600+300-150-300=1623
i tried to figure out how u got ur answer but i never got it
also for 12 i got B
the net profit is the total sales-all expenses
gross profit is total sales-the expense of the products (i think)
im not sure about 15 but i but B
i felt that this was most suitable because it actually explained to the customer what had happened and wasnt passing the buck
its what i felt was most caring towards the customer and didnt use jargon that the customer didnt understand

dalegermon

empathy means to relate to what the customer is saying; hence the answer for 15 is C('i appreciate...')
that fire exit question had me thinking for aaages... i put both answers cos in hsc they have to mark everything on ur page.. but i rekon the street answer is prob the most right.
does anyone else do retail with mcdonalds here? i dooo.

mel20588

angelic_sammy said:
mel20588:
i agree with most of your answers for the mulitple choice
except 7 i thought was A
here's my reasoning
cash+credit+eftpos+cheque-refunds-float=total sales
623+550+600+300-150-300=1623
i tried to figure out how u got ur answer but i never got it
also for 12 i got B
the net profit is the total sales-all expenses
gross profit is total sales-the expense of the products (i think)
im not sure about 15 but i but B
i felt that this was most suitable because it actually explained to the customer what had happened and wasnt passing the buck
its what i felt was most caring towards the customer and didnt use jargon that the customer didnt understand
Ohwell 12 out 15 sounds good enough me!
Yeh i know i totally stuffed question 12...opps i thought that question 15 was more sutiable for empathy as they needed it urgently and what would a refund get them?? a substitute gift i thought showed more consideration for the customer....thats my logic but its probably wrong.
For question 7 it asked for total sales...total sales doesnt include the cash float or the refunds so i did cash sales+ credit cards + eftpos + cheques = 2073
My logic is prolly wrong but just letting you know how i came to my answers

Glenn198718

1.d
2.a
3.d
4.c
5.b
6.d
7.a
8.d
9.c
10.a
11.c
12.d
13.a
14.c
15.c

there my answers for multiple choice i think i did alright

Last edited:

salmac

HSC
yeh that newsagency question had me stumped for ages 2 - i put the front door only because the back door had the unpacked boxes etc but i didnt even think about the newsagency being in a shopping centre OOPS - ah well all of mye xams are over now n i'll worry about my results comethe 16th of dec i guess LOL

angelic_sammy

HSC
i just wanted to know who does retail through their school and who doesn't
is it easier doing it at school?

salmac

HSC
i did retail through TAFE coz my skewl didnt offer the subject - but i was the only 1 in my class who was actually sititn teh hsc 4 it n my teacher had no idea wat she was doing - like didnt even give me a syllabus or anything so i found it heaps harder. so i reckon 2 do it through skewl would b the way 2 go definately!!
btw does anyone have retail notes typed that they wanted 2 post up here for all the suckers who are doin it next yr? if not i spose i could type mine up in al my spare time - now my exams r over YAY

angelic_sammy

HSC
i did it through McDonalds
that meant they gave me a fat folder a textbook and told me to fill it out
they only checked on me once a year
and i was the only one at my school who had ever done anything like it
(james ruse very releuctant to think that someone will want to do a course that scales badly, they tried to stop me from doing it)
anyway i found it really hard to do by myself
but i found a really good website that helped me heaps
http://toolbox.vetonline.vic.edu.au/Retail_Operations/html/__dfset.htm?pages/ca1/ca1_hme.htm
it goes through everything really well i thought
with all our notes and stuff where do we put them?
there's no resource section for retail

salmac

HSC
yeh true actually i didnt think of that theres not even anywhere under VET courses or something we can put them, that really sux - i mean i know our exam is over but im just thinkin of how much easier it woulda been had i been able 2 print someone elses notes off n use them as a guide 4 my own. is there like a board moderator or somthng like that we can ask maybe??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)