Reuse of UAI possible? (1 Viewer)

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
If I start on first year University and find out that the Course that I've selected doesn't suit, can I bail out and apply for another course thorugh UAC at the end of this year, using the UAI that I have received the previous year? If so, for how many years is a UAI valid for application?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
yep, you can use uai through uac again, don't know how long for though, but that's waht you call a transfer of courses dearie, my friends did it using their uai this year.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Of course.

If u finish a uni degree then unis don't consider ur UAI unless specified. Also when u turn 21 u can choose to enter as a mature age student where additional selection criteria apply.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
sydneyphoenix said:
If I start on first year University and find out that the Course that I've selected doesn't suit, can I bail out and apply for another course thorugh UAC at the end of this year, using the UAI that I have received the previous year? If so, for how many years is a UAI valid for application?
Like someone has stated, if you bail after doing a year of study, it'll be a mixture of your UAI and uni marks

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Application to transfer through UAC:

50% of your UAI is taken into consideration (+1 or 2 UAI marks for completing 1 year of university).
50% of your GPA is taken into consideration.
--> other consderations include statements and STAT or other examination marks.

Internal Transfer dependent only on GPA.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Internal transfers seem to be special to Macquarie though (out of the city unis) from what i heard, most other unis force you through UAC again

ND

HSC
You can reuse your UAI completely if you only complete 1 sem. (A friend of mine did this)

Maximus

Decimus Meridius
HSC
^^ That's what I'm doing this year. A shame, cuz with the way my marks for the first semester were going, my GPA would have been much higher than my UAI is. Still, there was no way I was doing another semester of that course.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Yeah I think I got my transfer on my UAI.. as I only did 1 sem full time and one sem part time. But my UAI and also my GPA would of been high enough to get into the course i'm going to do this year

Joeno

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Application to transfer through UAC:

50% of your UAI is taken into consideration (+1 or 2 UAI marks for completing 1 year of university).
50% of your GPA is taken into consideration.
--> other consderations include statements and STAT or other examination marks.

Internal Transfer dependent only on GPA.

so my 91.7 uai might turn into something like 93 after first year? can someone validate this. Also, what if the person got 99 uai, would that automaticallly turn into 100 after first year?

gman03

HSC
Joeno said:
so my 91.7 uai might turn into something like 93 after first year? can someone validate this. Also, what if the person got 99 uai, would that automaticallly turn into 100 after first year?
After first year you will be using NRSL fo transfer. NRSL is based on 50/50 UAI and GPA. Your UAI will be "re-use" in this sense. Your UAI will not be changed. Your UAI will not automatically turn into anything. You will still need to work through your first year of uni to get a NRSL higher than your UAI by achieving high GPA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)