Revenge Tragedy (1 Viewer)

HSC
So did anyone else do it?
How'd you go?

It seems everyone does the Crime Fiction genre here....

I wrote about a palestinian suicide bomber for the creative, not sure how the markers will take that...

But its probably the best exam creative story I've written...

The essay was pretty good for me as well....

In total:

Essay: 11.5 pages (could've done more, if I talked about one more text)
Creative: 8 pages...

vertigo

Mine had all sorts of goodies in it...

- extreme violence
- infanticide
- rape
- poison

This guy's fiancee was raped and she killed herself, so he goes and seeks revenge by disguising himself as a music teacher, and making a deal with the noble's step son... he poisons the daughter with a flute, stabs the noble in the neck as his son takes power, blah blah blah, he is killed. Showing that revenge is fruitless...

LOL... I said... Sometimes the best weapon is... playing your cards right. Then jumped right into it..

HSC
Originally posted by vertigo
Mine had all sorts of goodies in it...

- extreme violence
- infanticide
- rape
- poison

This guy's fiancee was raped and she killed herself, so he goes and seeks revenge by disguising himself as a music teacher, and making a deal with the noble's step son... he poisons the daughter with a flute, stabs the noble in the neck as his son takes power, blah blah blah, he is killed. Showing that revenge is fruitless...

LOL... I said... Sometimes the best weapon is... playing your cards right. Then jumped right into it..
Holy Shit!

thats some grotesque shit there...

and I thought mine would be seen in bad taste.... :rolleyes:

anyways I posted this in another thread, its about my story....

I wrote about a Palestinian Suicide bomber, this is for revenge btw....

I go into full detail about what happens in his life to motivate him joining an islamic fundamentalist group... his brother gets shot by a israeli, when he breached a curfew, and his parents got killed by a the israelis blowing up a house of suspected islamic militant....

I had it in third person and I started with him in front of a camera doing one of those last will and testament videos the suicide bombers usually do before they go blow themselves up.... Then I did some flashbacks.....

Anyways, hopefully the markers won't find it in bad taste.....

At the end of the opening of the story I wrote "n.b, my story in no way condones terrorism, rather it explains potential causes of it" just in case, the marker thought I was some crazed fundamentalist arab....

I was gonna start with "the best weapon is a packet of c4 tightly strapped to your body and a Ak47 assault rifle by your side..." but I changed it to... "the best weapon is to terrorise and shock your enemy as much possible...." or something to that effect...

vertigo

heh, don't get me wrong... I was simply writing within the genre of revenge tragedy ^_~

I swear, this study could potentially turn us into axe-wielding murderers... I was walking to school flipping through my story... rape... infanticide... etc... mumbling to myself some quotes of revengers..

"Oh, rare, delectable, sweet, happy, ravishing!"

Probably looked pretty loony to the average non-hsc student...

HSC
N/A
Essay: Can't remember but I hit the 12 page mark at some point I think.
Creative: 10 pages but it was unfinished. I had so much more to write, dammit!

The essay was excellent. It gave me an opportunity to explain that what I find fascinating about the revenge tragedy genre is how composers from totally juxtaposed contexts use similar though not identical techniques depending on whether the text is hybrid or generic, all the while promoting universal values which have resonated through time. *WHEW!!* I think I got a bit flustered towards the end though, which didn't do me much good.

Now please excuse me, time to go collect my bbq chicken pizza and pay the delivery guy in 5c coins. (hey I'm broke, okay? I had to raid the family change tin).

Kikki

Der.....

I wrote about 13 pages for the essay which I did first. I'm so dumb about thinking on the spot but I managed to make frantic mentionings of hybrids and subversions and juxtapositions of styles. Does anyone else have trouble thinking on the spot?
I must be really dumb.
My creative was funny- for me anyway- this woman vowed revenge against her husband's hussie and she made a poison cake, but she ate it by accident and died instead.
Pure dodge....

Did anyone else do High Noon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)