RFTG: Composition (1 Viewer)

Ziff

HSC
N/A
So what can you tell me about writing a story for RFTG?

Don't make it overt and don't narrow it down to local good, global bad obviously so,

List some suggestions/ideas on a wayt o write about RFTG that isn't obvious, explicit or blatant...

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Help?!?!?

Relationships between Local and Global as represented in the text - Shipping News?!

how does the text "contribute to your understanding of these relationships"?!

:confused:

*goes insane*

*EATS the Shipping News*

Ziff

HSC
N/A
We're doing the bone people, sorry!

Meanwhile I got 23/25 for my composition.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
22/25.
Year 11 was "you should develop the slime further"
Year 12 is "why did you introduce a religious paradigm and not refer to it again"
This woman has no idea what the frell a story is meant to be.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I have no idea what paradigms were in my work. I challenge the teachers to analyse our works and write an essay on it with exactly the same question we were asked in our assessment.

HSC
N/A
Fire- I don't even know what a paradigm is! lol. Reminds me of a question I got- "Interrogate the values of the local and global in your prescribed text".

Have a look at the relationship between the two- particularly economically, looking at how much different people are willing to sacrifice for global/local, eg Tert Card Vs Bill Pretty. Look at commodifying of local traditions, and as always, SPARKNOTES lol..

As to the actual thread question, you can usually link one thing to another- for example like 1/4 of my grade just did Heart of Darkness as their related text (am miffed now because I was thinking of doing that but people told me not to use a book from prelim, my teacher actually suggested using Heart of Darkness, as I realised later...) and twisted Imperialism to represent Global values, much as I twisted Society to resemble globalisation in Linkin' park's song Numb.

You could also twist the notion of change, in various senses of the world to represent globalisation in either a good/bad view, eg medical advances...

Fire_Hydra

ain't no other
HSC
Originally posted by glitterfairy
Fire- I don't even know what a paradigm is! lol. Reminds me of a question I got- "Interrogate the values of the local and global in your prescribed text".

Have a look at the relationship between the two- particularly economically, looking at how much different people are willing to sacrifice for global/local, eg Tert Card Vs Bill Pretty. Look at commodifying of local traditions, and as always, SPARKNOTES lol..

As to the actual thread question, you can usually link one thing to another- for example like 1/4 of my grade just did Heart of Darkness as their related text (am miffed now because I was thinking of doing that but people told me not to use a book from prelim, my teacher actually suggested using Heart of Darkness, as I realised later...) and twisted Imperialism to represent Global values, much as I twisted Society to resemble globalisation in Linkin' park's song Numb.

You could also twist the notion of change, in various senses of the world to represent globalisation in either a good/bad view, eg medical advances...

Hey glitter,

thanks again - you've been a massive help...

paradigms?! - i know what you mean! almost every lesson our teacher gives us a definition and almost every lesson i forget.....

it's got something to do with theory and concept though doesn't it??

yeah - i'm all good with the questions...........they were due today and it turns out we only had to make "notes" on them anyway.........so i got it all done....:rolleyes:

thanks for the help anyway - it's always good to bounce ideas off people..........

:cool:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I have no idea what paradigms were in my work. I challenge the teachers to analyse our works and write an essay on it with exactly the same question we were asked in our assessment.
Oh hell yes. and I would so have that carter essay and memorise it :p.
Since our teachers keep saying "relate it to the elective statement" but then dont explain things......
I mean, the most useful thing we've got is a diagram that looks something like

values
|
composers
|
ways of thinking
|
values
|
responders

with heaps more arrows, and it just makes no sense whatsoever.
We sit there talking about how tacky the Castle is. and then she tells us to write an essay on how it relates to everything else in the world and the elective statement, and wonders why only 5 people actually get around to handing it in! she's a ho. wish we had of got marksie.... sooooo close.

</ext 1 rant>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)