richard III (1 Viewer)

Monsterman

HSC
I did alright.. the question wasnt that bad though i think i could had related the texts together better..

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I literally slipped in the words 'ambition' and 'identity' into my generic essay and hoped for the best. Stupid Richard... (Hi Lucy!)

untitled....

HSC
I talked about Pacino's ambition as a director and actor, the ambition of the actors (only a little) to do something like this that helps people understand Shakespeare and the ambition of Richard. In terms of identitiy, I talked about the deformity and how Pacino used that.

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Talked to my mum about this who is Head of English at her school.
Basically i said that shakespeare frames Richards ambitions using language (obviously) and focuses on his quest for an identity (to become king), talked about first soliloquy, anne neville scene and the richard + buckingham scene where he wont kill the kids.

Talked about how Pacino connects with his ambitions and identity and attempts to portray 'power of the king' (identity) in a modern context etc.

Over all i think i kiled it.

0hNivlek

HSC
Ambition and identity suited my prepared essay but i doubt i'll get good marks though LOL.

amz.

HSC
i talked about how ambition and identity shapes a composers values then i talked about shakespeares and pacinos values and the connections between them.ahh i hate richard III.

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Thought it was a good question. I had specifically studied beforehand how similarities could be drawn between Richard and Al Pacino in relation to their ambitious natures, holding positions of power (Lord Protector of England, Director/Writer), and how they were portrayed. Al Pacino's ambition was seen as slightly obsessive, yet good natured. The opposite is true for Richard, his amibition was evil etc. Suited the "Compare" key word. Wrote about 5 pages on Amibiton, 1 page on Identity. Expecting about 13/20 :D

SamQ

HSC
i talked about how ambition and identity shapes a composers values then i talked about shakespeares and pacinos values and the connections between them.ahh i hate richard III.
this. but my essay worked with ambition and identity :) i liked the question

kandyman

HSC
omg i tlked bout the same things r as u guys have mentioned. I honestly thought the question was hard, but now im thinking that i may have gotten a pass :D

C-BAS

HSC
I liked the question, but I wish I had more time. I stupidly spent about 50-55 minutes on Justice Game and did well, but then had to rush Richard and Cloudstreet. If I had more time I could've done well but I had to speed it up to leave myself enough time to do Cloudstreet ("hope" - what a mind fuck).

Chapppo

HSC
Nah, out of all of them i hated the Richard Q the most. From all the past papers and trials i had seen they never specified a couple of themes present in both texts. usually they just wanted a comparison of the different contexts/values/purposes. that really threw me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)