Rumours of changes in the HSC or new HSC altogether??? (1 Viewer)

A l

HSC
N/A
A friend told me that there may be some changes, possibly major changes affecting most or all HSC subjects (not just English) after 2006 (in full effect by 2007). These include a revised Preliminary and HSC syllabus coming into effect firstly on Year 11 of 2006, a new examination structure and new layouts. It was also rumoured that there may be a new HSC altogether. This is just a rumour, so probably the majority of what I said is untrue. Just wondering, anybody else heard about it?

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
All i know (and this isnt much) is that the marks allocation for questions in the HSC Modern History Exam will change in 2006.

Edit: or maybe even this yr...not sure lol

69^boi

HSC
N/A
yea thats wot i heard from a smart guy at my school too before the hsc exam, besides if you look back they been adusting the Education every 10 years or so, but in 2006 it would be a MAJOR change instead of a minor change.

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
they have already changed the sor exam structure, now it is one extended response instead of doing short answers this was implemented for my hsc year (2004)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Maths has been rumoured to change in 2006, but I didn't know it was the case for the other subjects, too.

I can't see chem changing much, what with a revision only occurring in 2003. Although it was a minor one.

Unfortunately, the only changes I can think of will be negative ones. The usual removal of challenging dotpoints in science and maths, the addition of more and more detail to the syllabi so it is less thinking and more rote learning, et cetera. It is likely because that has been the trend for many years now.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
they have already changed the sor exam structure, now it is one extended response instead of doing short answers this was implemented for my hsc year (2004)
Were you forewarned of the change in the structure of the SOR exam? Coz it'd be bad if you weren't told to expect an extended response.

Can you imagine if they introduced an extended response into chemistry or physics...lol

Plebeian

Sasky said:
Yeah, ancient's supposedly changing too.
Ancient is basically changing to replicate Modern, in terms of creating a core study that everyone does, and then a series of options. I imagine the institution of a core is designed to make marking / aligning easier and fairer. Some of the larger topics (eg. Augustus and the Julio-Claudians) are also being split into two.

Sasky

HSC
Techie said:
Ancient is basically changing to replicate Modern, in terms of creating a core study that everyone does, and then a series of options. I imagine the institution of a core is designed to make marking / aligning easier and fairer. Some of the larger topics (eg. Augustus and the Julio-Claudians) are also being split into two.
Do u know when it's coming into effect?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
they better change nought this year. though i don't mind them changing it after '05, so that they can screw around with '06ers.. :uhhuh:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
they better change nought this year. though i don't mind them changing it after '05, so that they can screw around with '06ers.. :uhhuh:
Lol....how would you feel if you were an '01er?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I know that Studies of Religion is going to go through a major change in the syllabus. There is a draft syllabus with the changes already up on BoS and when compared to the current one its a pretty big change

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
acmilan said:
I know that Studies of Religion is going to go through a major change in the syllabus. There is a draft syllabus with the changes already up on BoS and when compared to the current one its a pretty big change
Is the SOR change happening for '05ers or another year?

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
I don't think the syllabus should be changing for us because we have Already started our HSC year we started it back in October ... If any thing is going to chnage it's going to be for the '06ers.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Is the SOR change happening for '05ers or another year?
Nothing is really confirmed for SOR yet, its only a draft so it wont affect '05ers, it may not even effect '06ers

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
VonDavis said:
I don't think the syllabus should be changing for us because we have Already started our HSC year we started it back in October ... If any thing is going to chnage it's going to be for the '06ers.
Yea, true.
Although they did change the format of the SOR exam for '04ers (i.e. Section III - if that's the final section). I'm just wondering whether students were told beforehand about that particular change in the SOR exam...anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)