Run as device administrator (1 Viewer)

Woaosiski

HSC
Where can I find which apps have the access to run as device administrator in my windows laptop?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I am not entirely sure whether there exists some sort of directory that lists the apps that you can run as administrator, although I would believe that this is unlikely.

Generally speaking, you can run executable (.exe) files as an administrator by right-clicking the file and selecting the relevant option. As far as I'm aware, this applies to most apps, except those that are downloaded from the Microsoft Store, which seemingly cannot be run as an administrator.

Additionally, if you wish to have a particular app(s) run as administrator every time you wish to use it, that is, without having to manually click the relevant option every time you wish to use a particular app, you can load the properties of an app, then enable the "Run this program as an administrator" option from the "Compatibility" tab.

I hope this helps! 😄

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Where can I find which apps have the access to run as device administrator in my windows laptop?
You can always use the Run As Different User option. This is available only in Windows Explorer or Windows 7 start menu, but can be turned on for Windows 10 start menu.

You have to hold down Shift and then Right Click to use.

Alternatively you can always run an app as administrator by opening cmd/powershell as admin and then running the relevant app by pasting the full nameto the .exe file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)