sc science is completely messed up!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
how can we answer so many questions in section 1 and 2 in a 1 and a 1/2 hour exam? this format would be more suitable for a 2 hour exam unless the BOS cut down some parts (unlikely). can anyone give me some time management ideas for each part in section 2 and the amount of time that should be spent in each part? honestly, the SC science test format in the past 2 years have been so screwed up!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
ooops i forgot! good luck to everyone who's doing the SC(including myself)!

Last edited:

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
just make sure u have a stop watch and give yourself a time limit on each section or set of questions. if u feel your taking too long, skip some questions.

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
how can we answer so many questions in section 1 and 2 in a 1 and a 1/2 hour exam? this format would be more suitable for a 2 hour exam unless the BOS cut down some parts (unlikely). can anyone give me some time management ideas for each part in section 2 and the amount of time that should be spent in each part? honestly, the SC science test format in the past 2 years have been so screwed up!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
We had a mini-assembly and the head-teachers all gave the same advice:

1) Read the instructions carefully;

2) Allocate your time

3) Write as much as you can

I think our science head teacher briefly mentioned to do the back page first and obviously, if there are only two lines to answer, only write two lines, don't write a whole heap and visa versa

Good luck to everyone and I wish you all well :) :) :)

VioletWolf

Our science teacher told us to use the reading time well and then, firstly, go through and do all the questions you know and can do pretty easily and then go back and do the rest. Also, remember not to spend too much time on each multiple choice, seeing as how they're only worth 1 mark each.
I'm actually a bit annoyed with the HISE exam. Two in one! *Meep*

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it is a lot, 100 marks in 90 mins, but you will find the multiple choice will take less than a minute each (dont worry if some take more)

i can't remember the exact set out of the exam, but if you think you are running out of time go and do the short answer first, as you can always guess multiple choice. but try your hardest to do them all! u can because people have done it for at least 4 years now

ZeGoat

brown!
HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
have you tried actually doing some of the past papers...they give a good indication as to whether you have a weakness in timing...besides as iambored said some of the multiple choice questions are really easy and can be done very quickly...
good luck to everyone...

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
dont worry ,its not that bad!

you will prolly finish way before anyways, i did

mmm i was about to say that.. i though that too.. 1.5 hours..omg.. but i'm sure u'lllr each the end of it before the time finishes.. theyre quick questions..

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
it wasent dna as far as i know....dna is contained within your genes and its ur genes that determines basically everything...it was in the genetics revision sheets....ooh and shit i just realised i put ovaries insted of ovary...lolz

zahid

cOnFuZon!!

did u guys manage to finish it coz i did even though half of it is just plain bullshit!
seroiusly why did make the ques so hard for and whr did they get them from?
as far as our class is concern we never learnt anythin like wat they asked.

i'll prob get a band 4 :chainsaw: :(

HSC
funny enough i DID actually finish it on time! but you're right confusion, the questions were really weird. i expected something related to genetic engineering/dna mutation on the exam since my science class revised that part to death last week.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
well its more the teachers fault than the students...they should give out each student the syllabus for each subject at the beginning of the year...what most teachers do is go over large chunks of info with no relevence to the syllabus..thats why i just studies by the syllabus and wrote notes...and the difficulty level seemed ok...although i can understand why soo many students are pissed off its not their fault...

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
i didnt think the tests were that messed up?
the questions were easy..most people left 1/2 early

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
There seemed to be a lot of stuff on the topic Actions and Reactions, with chemicals and shite like that.
That was the one topic our class never even started; we asked our teacher, who was a substitute for this whole term up until the SC if he could give us a some basics on the topic and he was like, "No, no, when your regular teacher comes back she can give you stuff."
Too bad we didn't get her back until after the SC.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
yeah same here my teacher taught everything about geology simply bcos he LIKED the subject, omg and he revised GEOLOGY, every lesson and claimed we hadnt done the formation of the rocks...i really hate looking at rocks now

LiLLy_H

Basically look at the amount of marks each question is worth. If a question is worth six marks you should spend more time answering it as opposed to a question that's worth only 2 marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)