Scaling at TAFE and school (1 Viewer)

Rayanz

rayanz
HSC
Jus a question -

I do 2u BIO - 2u Maths - 2u Ancient - 4u English all at a state high school. I then do 2u RELIGION at nth sydney TAFE. Got told that doin subjects at Tafe really scales the subject low...Is it true that subjects at tafe get badly scaled???

oh - and if students all have student numbers to be anonymous and the school is supposed to anonymous to the marker too, then how does the name of the school affect marks?

good luck in trials...cant beleive we're almost done...

rayan

st ives high

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Rayanz
Jus a question -

I do 2u BIO - 2u Maths - 2u Ancient - 4u English all at a state high school. I then do 2u RELIGION at nth sydney TAFE. Got told that doin subjects at Tafe really scales the subject low...Is it true that subjects at tafe get badly scaled???

oh - and if students all have student numbers to be anonymous and the school is supposed to anonymous to the marker too, then how does the name of the school affect marks?

good luck in trials...cant beleive we're almost done...

rayan

st ives high
In regards to ur first question, no, Religion scales the same no matter where u do it

In regards to ur second question, the name of the school doesnt affect marks at all

Rayanz

rayanz
HSC
are u sayin that it doesnt matter if u go to nth sydney boys or parramatta high? the belief that everyone's talking and annoyed about is that the school affects the UAI in a dramatic way.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well imagine, if u go to a 'good' (selective etc.) school, all the people in the course are going to do better, so of course u'd b scaled up. although, if u do just as well in a 'bad' school and keep that up, u'd be heaps ahead of the others in ur school, and it shouldn't make any difference 2 ur final mark, if that makes ANY sense

Rayanz

rayanz
HSC
yea it makes sense...

man its 1am and i got bio and english tomoz and i jus started english studying...this is bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)