Hey, I'm currently in Yr 11 and was wondering truly how my subjects scale:
MX1
Advanced English
PDHPE
Society and Culture
Chemistry
Biology

Any input would be appreciated
u should be fine, dont worry abt scaling just worry about ur interests in the subjects. Have u considered doing physics? there's a bit of overlap with MX1/MX2, its not like you're at a large disadvantage not knowing physics in mx1/2 but you def do more tamer problems in physics and learn the ropes early on which helps you later (from experience) so like its that really slight help in terms of overlap.

I don't like the whole idea of choosing for scaling but if it interests you, physics tends to scale higher than Bio but personally I would regret choosing physics if it was solely for the scaling. Some of my peers did 3 sciences and they found out one science wasn't for them, for e.g bio or physics and they dropped it at the end of prelims.

other than that, i don't rlly see anything wrong?

Last edited:

yao_jahang

HSC
I don't particularly like physics and also it doesn't really correlate with my desired course which is psychiatry/psychology. And also I don't want to have the stress of doing 3 sciences.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I don't particularly like physics and also it doesn't really correlate with my desired course which is psychiatry/psychology. And also I don't want to have the stress of doing 3 sciences.
yh that makes sense, if u dont like physics, def don't do it since it has a high workload in comparison to most subjects. With this context, yeah your subjects should be fine and PDHPE/Society makes more sense as it aligns with your vision. Enjoy ur holidays

quickoats

HSC
Go for it.
Scaling should be a secondary concern i.e. if you need a tie breaker for your last subject if you're struggling to decide. Even though society scales kinda ehh, it's easy (imo) to get a band 6 so that kinda balances things out. I found it was easier to get a mid band 6 in society and culture than getting a high band 5 in economics.

icycledough

HSC
Maybe what you could be more concerned about is if you will be able to manage the workload of 6 subjects (13 units). I know Year 11 marks don't count in the grand scheme of things for Year 12, but it is essentially a 'trial year' where you can work out your study routines, which subjects you like and don't like, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)