scaling prediction for a a hsc mark of "67" in a "NEW" language course. (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
scaling prediction for a a hsc mark of "66.5" in a "NEW" language course.

I have no idea how to predict. Its a new heritage course.

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
i tested it out on the atar calculator as a background course and I ended up being scaled down to a "one digit number" so im scared.

Bobbo1

HSC
I know this will be really hard but just take a look at the students in your cohort and think about how they performed in their subjects, specifically in English. If they went reasonably well and have high expected ATARs you can expect this language to scale up (as a rough guide) and similarly if they performed poorly then it might scale down. However, all scaling aside I wouldn't think this subject would count if you have more than 10 units...

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Not well. As a whole most language subjects dont scale well, theres a few language subjects which scale alright but you need to be getting good marks for the scaling to have much effect.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
do you think its possible for me to get at least a scaled mark of 60?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
do you think its possible for me to get at least a scaled mark of 60?
Do you = theloorloor? Kind of thought that for awhile since you two have similar threads often and stuff like that.

Anyway, possibly. It depends on how the cohort of the subject performs. Language subjects with small cohorts across the state scale vastly differently year to year.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Do you = theloorloor? Kind of thought that for awhile since you two have similar threads often and stuff like that.

Anyway, possibly. It depends on how the cohort of the subject performs. Language subjects with small cohorts across the state scale vastly differently year to year.
yes, we have approximately 35 students as a total for our course. The people at the top are extremely smart people (top 5) who will either plan to go to law or medicine. The other 25 students are decent students who will get approximately 90 atar or a tad lower or higher. However there are another 5 at the bottom who are poor students who will get no more than 70 Atar, how do you predict?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Depends on how they all went in the subject, sounds like it will scale nicely for people at the high end but at the lower end i have no idea but it's probably going to be something you'll be disappointed with. Go see how a 68 would scale in bio for example.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Depends on how they all went in the subject, sounds like it will scale nicely for people at the high end but at the lower end i have no idea but it's probably going to be something you'll be disappointed with. Go see how a 68 would scale in bio for example.
chance of scaling below 40?

nifkeh

HSC
what language is this? if you don't mind. if it's a european language there may be a chance, if it's not one it will be pretty meh scaling but if you get a band 6 it should be alrigh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)