Scaling ??? (1 Viewer)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
cimbom said:
- okay, so i've just kept with what highwayman was saying... is that all?
No, what I was saying is that you and highwayman misunderstood and if you read c_james reply you would understand how. c_james is correct, so I suggest you reform your position. No offence, but you're ignorant of the process- read some of the sections in "UAI HSC marks technical arcana" forum if you're interested in understanding your error.

AreYouAlright?

Actuarial Co-op 2006
HSC
*sigh* if only we had Terry Lee's solutions to the English Extension 1 exam posted.

ishq

brown?
HSC
AreYouAlright? said:
*sigh* if only we had Terry Lee's solutions to the English Extension 1 exam posted.
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHAHA

*ahem*

cimbom

HSC
fleepbasding said:
No, what I was saying is that you and highwayman misunderstood and if you read c_james reply you would understand how. c_james is correct, so I suggest you reform your position. No offence, but you're ignorant of the process- read some of the sections in "UAI HSC marks technical arcana" forum if you're interested in understanding your error.
... of course i understand that there's a whole process of mark- alignment and varying cut- offs depending upon how students performed in both the exam and their assessment mark, different weighting based on course candidature etc.. All i did was post what i knew of one cut- off... and i happened to have not yet read your comments, c_james's or highwayman's when i did, that's all. :)

HSC
I honestly don't know what to think of the scaling for ext. I'm only that hoping my internal assessment mark of 41/50 helps me when it comes to my disgustingly low marks for yesterdays exam. Oh shizzle.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
phemale_souljah said:
I honestly don't know what to think of the scaling for ext. I'm only that hoping my internal assessment mark of 41/50 helps me when it comes to my disgustingly low marks for yesterdays exam. Oh shizzle.
your internal assessment mark means nothing, it is your internal rank that is important.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Captain pi said:
This is my belief of the process (Lazarus! Oh Lazarus! Where art thou?)
Weighting is done by the Board and affects the total weighted mark ("TWM") in the subject. Your weighted mark would (again, I think) be affected by how well people in your elective (Crime Fiction, Postmodernism, …) did in the Advanced Paper. So if everyone in Crime Fiction gets a Band 6 in English (Advanced) but only gets 20/50 raw, their total weighted mark would be altered. On second thoughts, I think the different weightings may be purely on how difficult the exam is. Nevertheless, the Judges may consider this.
Dear pi -

Any statistical adjustment made to an optional question would be based entirely on comparisons between the distribution of marks gained by students who chose that question against that of students who chose other questions.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc/hsc_update_2002_02.html

For the purposes of alignment, no reference is made to marks in other courses.

Cheerio.

Laz

HSC
Meads said:
your internal assessment mark means nothing, it is your internal rank that is important.
hmmm quite true...considering :( with that mark I'm still on a pretty low rank, bloody selective schools, make you feel retarded sometimes

C

Crazy Pomo

phemale_souljah said:
hmmm quite true...considering :( with that mark I'm still on a pretty low rank, bloody selective schools, make you feel retarded sometimes
Crikey. A raw of 34 gets an e4 back in the day. Cool. Hope it hasn't changed much. I got like 43 in half year and 40 for Trials (25/25 for creative 15/25 for exam, which I fucking shanked because I didn't do enough ORT's (which immediately limits the mark you can get.) My HSC essay was at least 7.5 times better hah but i dont think my creative was as good so hopefully I just held the fort and get between 37 - 42 for raw. That would be fucking awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)