• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Scaling (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I just wanted to know what the scaling is like for Drama. :)

P.S My sister is thinking of doing it for the hsc

jaihson

HSC
ugh! ignore scaling when picking subjects! people need to do what they enjoy and r good at to maximize their results! WHY WONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!!???!!!

Gummy_bear

HSC
jaihson said:
ugh! ignore scaling when picking subjects! people need to do what they enjoy and r good at to maximize their results! WHY WONT PEOPLE UNDERSTAND!!!???!!!
Sorry, no. I chose what i enjoy and got a UAI of 69.65. If you enjoy and and am SURE that you will get good enough marks for it not to affect your UAI, then go for it, but if you will be better of with a higher scaling subject that you will like only a little less but will still get good marks, go for that :p

Oh, and there is a scaling thingy here: http://www.boredofstudies.org/scaledmeans.php

Im pretty sure drama doesnt scale up, but only slightly down..

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the help Gummi bear ^^, my sister actually does dancing as a hobby, and she's quite talented at it, which was why she was considering the scaling too. Anyway thanks again. :)

Last edited:

niteshade1312

HSC
I didn't choose Drama because of scaling, I chose it because it was my favourite subject. But what jaihson said is true, if you do well in your subjects, then you'll be fine.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yeah i knew when i chose it that the scaling isnt always the best...but really, if you do well and put in the effort it's nothing to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)